Does an endorser need to publicly use the product?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, an endorser does not have to publicly use the product in order to endorse it. However, if the endorser is claiming to use the product, they must have actually used it or be truthful about their endorsement. Misrepresenting a product or endorsement is illegal under false advertising laws.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.620
Raw Dex
$0.020
It depends on the endorsement agreement and the laws in the jurisdiction. Generally, endorsers are expected to use the product they endorse and to be truthful in their endorsement. However, there are some laws and regulations, such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines in the US, that require endorsement to be truthful and not misleading, regardless of whether the endorser uses the product or not.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
No, an endorser does not have to publicly use the product in order to endorse it. However, if the endorser is claiming to use the product, they must have actually used it or be truthful about their endorsement. Misrepresenting a product or endorsement is illegal under false advertising laws.
Hmm
I get your point. To me, an endorser wants to convince people to use the product so if he does not use it publicly, people may not buy it

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
There are endorses who are not using the products they endorsed like shampoo products. Though they will be supplied but they give it to their friends or staff.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's not a legal requirement here that endorsers need to use the products they promote. However, I noted that a lot of influencers/endorsers claim that they have used the product in the advertisement. I'm not sure if they are telling the truth.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
Yes its part of the deal. They might have their personal products which they make use of at home but while in public, they can only use the products they endorse

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
They're just showing the products they use to have volume sales of the owner despite celebrity endorses don't use them. They might have used imported products.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have been in a club with Davido. And I looked keenly to see which phone he was using because he promotes Infinix mobile on ads. To my surprise, he is using an iphone.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.390
An endorser is just getting paid for the endorsement, he does not care about the product. Therefore, consumers should be aware that everything the celebrities are promoting might not be useful.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
I don't think it is necessary it compulsory for an endorser to publicly use the product but it will be an advantage if he could do so. it will motivate others to buy.

MANASHA

Unfamiliar
Feb 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's correct! Endorsers are not required to publicly use the product in order to endorse it. However, if an endorser claims to use the product, they must have actually used it or be truthful about their endorsement. Misrepresenting a product or endorsement can result in legal consequences under false advertising laws, which is why it's important for companies to ensure that their endorsers are truthful and transparent in their endorsements.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.553
I think there is no need for the endorsers to use the products in public. This is because in some instances the endorsers maybe assigned to endorse a service providing company. How then can they use the services publicly?

Back