Does providing free Wi-Fi offer a viable option to promote your business?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most organizations offer free Wi-Fi services in their premises. I believe it is always a strategy to attract more attention to a business and its products. Does it offer a viable means of promoting a business? Can this kind of promotion lead to sales conversion?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Offering free Wi-Fi could be an avenue to attract customers. It may be a kind of way to lure customers to their side.
Have you considered that most people might just come in to use the free Wi-Fi without patronizing any product of the business. They might even come very early and leave late.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$7.000
Some restaurants and hotels in my country are providing free WiFi. I personally think that it attracts target clients to book hotel rooms and reserve tables in restaurants. They can gain more profit because of this.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For hotels, people would always yield to the temptation of booking a room in an hotel where there is free Wi-Fi. For other kinds of businesses, some people can just come, use the free Wi-Fi and leave without buying anything.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most organizations offer free Wi-Fi services in their premises. I believe it is always a strategy to attract more attention to a business and its products. Does it offer a viable means of promoting a business? Can this kind of promotion lead to sales conversion?
It can. It depends on the way it is presented and the kind of services rendered.
I knew of a beer joint in my area that offers free Wi-Fi to the general public. There is no way you would go there to browse without eventually buy a bottle of beer from the beer joint. Is that not a marketing strategy?.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It can. It depends on the way it is presented and the kind of services rendered.
I knew of a beer joint in my area that offers free Wi-Fi to the general public. There is no way you would go there to browse without eventually buy a bottle of beer from the beer joint. Is that not a marketing strategy?.
Are you telling me that everyone that goes there buys a bottle of beer? Unless it is enforced by their staff that before you use the wifi, you must buy something.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you create this kind of incentive, you are sure to have lots of people always coming around your business premises. It now is in your court to convert them into patrons.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Are you telling me that everyone that goes there buys a bottle of beer? Unless it is enforced by their staff that before you use the wifi, you must buy something.
Not everyone that goes there buy beer and they don't force anyone to buy. But the people that visited the place for their browsing assignment are forced by nature to buy drinks to quench their thirst or to supplement their staying. Imagine staying in a place for more than 3 - 5 hours is stressful and needs to be quenched with drinks. And there one law there which I forget to mention, you are not allowed to bring in any drinks even water to the place. Anything drinks you need, has to be bought there.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

To the best of my knowledge, most of those big businesses that offer free Wi-Fi service only make it available to their workers who are making use of it in working everyday.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
Most of them tend to offer this free wifi only when you have made a purchase from them, cause trust me if they just allow anyone within that area get access to it, you would see lots of persons there that are not even buying anything.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
For me this may be a very expensive way for making promotion for your business. This strategy seems not working as most people would just come to tap on the free WiFi and could not make any purchase on your business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
For me this may be a very expensive way for making promotion for your business. This strategy seems not working as most people would just come to tap on the free WiFi and could not make any purchase on your business.
Yes i get your point, but most hotels do this, what they do is to add password to the wifi, then only does who have paid for their rooms or is actually buying something are giving access to the wifi password, and from time to time they usually change the password.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Most of them tend to offer this free wifi only when you have made a purchase from them, cause trust me if they just allow anyone within that area get access to it, you would see lots of persons there that are not even buying anything.

As far as I'm concerned, it is not a good business strategy for you to allow your company's Wi-Fi to be free and accessible to anyone that comes within the location of your company because you'll be running a lot of expenses because of Internet data.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As far as I'm concerned, it is not a good business strategy for you to allow your company's Wi-Fi to be free and accessible to anyone that comes within the location of your company because you'll be running a lot of expenses because of Internet data.
Some of those big companies have a cheaper source of data because they buy in bulk. If the cost of it enables them to make profits, it is good.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Providing free WiFi is a great method to attract customers. However, you should make the password only available to those who patronize the business. Otherwise, you will find people who take advantage of the WiFi and don't buy anything from you.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.195
Offering free Wi-Fi could be an avenue to attract customers. It may be a kind of way to lure customers to their side.
There is a bank I used to go to and I always go there just because they have free Wi-Fi and that was one of the things that even made me to patronize them

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, it is one of the best offer in my own opinion. There are restaurants in this part of the world that have free Wi-Fi offer for their customers. That alone can attract so many people.

Back