Don't be scared to set your standards

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
There are a lot of young business owners out there who are scared to set a standard for their business from the get go. They feel if always saying yes to every demand would make their customers keep coming back. Don't be afraid to set your standards for your new business. Even with your standards, customers would stay if they want to.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
Just don't set it to high. You can't be best from first atempt. It should past some time and get experience before you get highest standard. If you set it to high at begin and don't make it, you will be disapointed.

Ratine

Somewhat Known
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.080
Raw Dex
$0.003
There are a lot of young business owners out there who are scared to set a standard for their business from the get go. They feel if always saying yes to every demand would make their customers keep coming back. Don't be afraid to set your standards for your new business. Even with your standards, customers would stay if they want to.
I think the standards that we set on the business depends om the various business parameters that affect the business in one way or the other in a matter of fact.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.368
If your business is small and struggling don't set a strict standard, It must be emphasized to the public as to what your demands are. You need to specify your standards. What needs standardization? Will it be products?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.280
You can of course set high standards but remember if you are new seller, people will not easily trust you and they will not buy from you. You can get sales only when you offer cheap price.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.870
Raw Dex
$0.008
That depends on what standards. One of the standard business owners should set is always sell authentic and quality products. If you are talking about pricing, if you are a small business, you can be a bit flexible in offering discounts to loyal customers.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
That depends on what standards. One of the standard business owners should set is always sell authentic and quality products. If you are talking about pricing, if you are a small business, you can be a bit flexible in offering discounts to loyal customers.
Yes you are right, when it comes to pricing, there are sometimes where I usually reduce my price, especially if it's someone that has made purchases from me before or has referred a lot of persons.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.528
I think the businesses are defined by the standards and grounds that governs their operations. So it's a sole responsibility for the entrepreneurs to set their desired business standards as per the scale of the business.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.310
Your time, energy, and resources are valuable, and it's important to prioritise what aligns with your business goals and values. Trust that by setting standards and sticking to them, you will attract the right customers who appreciate what you have to offer.

Last edited:

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.310
By demonstrating your knowledge and experience, you can earn the respect of your customers and they will be more likely to value and appreciate the standards you have set.

Back