Eat all you can but don't carry

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Certain companies engaged in producing edible products have a policy of allowing employees to eat these merchandise to their full. Employees are however not allowed to take anything outside the company premises. Security personnel are instructed to search every employee thoroughly to ensure compliance wiht this policy.

What do you think about this policy?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$13.073
Though it would make more sense if they are allowed to carry but in some way it makes sense. If everyone are given the chance to carry, there would be no limit as to what people would carry. In the end the company might nor be able to keep up or worse it would not be enough for everyone. But being allowed to eat there means there is limit as to what everyone can actually eat.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.620
Raw Dex
$0.020
Its good that employees are allowed to eat well in company and they are not allowed to carry anything out side the company, if management allow this too then its misuse will be commonly seen.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Certain companies engaged in producing edible products have a policy of allowing employees to eat these merchandise to their full. Employees are however not allowed to take anything outside the company premises. Security personnel are instructed to search every employee thoroughly to ensure compliance wiht this policy.

Actually this is a nice policy since they are allow to eat as they like within the premise of the company and I think the reason behind not allowing them take it out is because while they eat little and get filled while at work, such may not happen when given the chance to go out of the premise with the product as they will want to pack more than enough.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
My cousin works in a bakery and I heard that this happens over there. You are free to eat as much bread as you can but the moment you take a piece of bread outside the bakery, you are treated as a thief.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

It is a good policy. It is to correct the corruptional tendency in workers. If this not checked, workers would be using the loopholes to sell the products outside.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
Its good that employees are allowed to eat only in the company and they are not allowed to carry anything out side. You know if allowed they will ruin the business

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Its good that employees are allowed to eat only in the company and they are not allowed to carry anything out side. You know if allowed they will ruin the business
That is possible. As a result ofv corruption, workers Will tend to start supplying unpakaged products to the companies customers which would ultimately affect theirv sales.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Its good that employees are allowed to eat well in company and they are not allowed to carry anything out side the company, if management allow this too then its misuse will be commonly seen.
I guess you are right.
A company that allows its employees to carry large amounts of food items outside its premises would be hurting itself inadvertently. An unscrupulous employee may choose to begin selling the freely offered items, thus causing the firm to face increased competition.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Even allowing employees to eat as much as they want is very good, because it rarely happens here. Usually employees are given a limit for their daily meal allowance, so they may only have enough to eat but are not satisfied.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is more like giving feeding allowance to your workers in order to make life easier for them I believe it's something that is very good. If I can do it in my business, I will.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.025
Even in my place, diners in the EAT ALL YOU CAN are prohibited to bring takeout. One will be put to shame. Just eat all you can and leave as soon as full.

Last edited:

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
The policy is aimed at feeding the employee while at work. It is not meant to feed him or her at home. That is why they are not allowed to carry anything home but eat as much at work.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.610
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think this is a reasonable policy that employees are allowed to eat only in the company and they are not allowed to carry anything out side. If they can carry the food outside, there's a chance that they may take a lot or sell the food.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The policy is aimed at feeding the employee while at work. It is not meant to feed him or her at home. That is why they are not allowed to carry anything home but eat as much at work.
An employee who is unable to eat while at work for whatever reason may not second your view. This worker would opine that, if the company indeed wants to have its workers gain nourishment, it should allow those who want to carry the food outside the premises to do so.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.700
Before every rule is set, there must be a justifiable reason for setting such rules and the key is that every user should understand the rules. And rules are not rigid. Adjustments could be made for such a staff on special circumstances.
An employee who is unable to eat while at work for whatever reason may not second your view. This worker would opine that, if the company indeed wants to have its workers gain nourishment, it should allow those who want to carry the food outside the premises to do so.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Each and every company might have its own polices. Some may not even require you to go outside during the break period. I have been in such kind of environment and this does not make any sense.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
It's very reasonable and fair policy. Businesses have to make sure that the employees get the benefits but it should be limited and not ruin the business. The edibles when go out can be misused by the employees. They might sell it at cheaper prices. That would pose a risk to the business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
Do you understand that the policy might be to curb theft in the organization. As an employee working in an organization, you should prioritize the sustainability of the organization too.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My cousin works in a bakery and I heard that this happens over there. You are free to eat as much bread as you can but the moment you take a piece of bread outside the bakery, you are treated as a thief.
Wow, it's actually a strategy over there since the business owner knows they can't eat much of it before they get filled, even they might not even finish up to two breads before the day ends

Back