Effects of supermarkets to local shops

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
In our present time, there are many supermarkets and shopping malls,. Ranging from ShopRite, gemstone and lots more. Most persons prefer buying their things from these malls as most of these malls claim to sell at a cheaper rate and of Cause quality products. Do you think malls and supermarket would completely eliminate the need for local shops?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
In our present time, there are many supermarkets and shopping malls,. Ranging from ShopRite, gemstone and lots more. Most persons prefer buying their things from these malls as most of these malls claim to sell at a cheaper rate and of Cause quality products. Do you think malls and supermarket would completely eliminate the need for local shops?
A lot of people just love to shop at the super stores and malls because thigs are cheaper there but they can't still kill small shops it is not everyone that will visit there

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
Also, people prefer to buy from supermarkets especially during the festive period because of the promo those supermarkets do at the end of the year

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Also, people prefer to buy from supermarkets especially during the festive period because of the promo those supermarkets do at the end of the year
Thats very true, they usually have holiday sales or black friday sales. Do you think small scale businesses or does local stores around still have a fighting chance, especially during this festive season.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
Thats very true, they usually have holiday sales or black friday sales. Do you think small scale businesses or does local stores around still have a fighting chance, especially during this festive season.
Sure. They still have chance. There are times that we need to take a bike to the supermarket and that's extra cost so it will be better we buy it in shops

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Sure. They still have chance. There are times that we need to take a bike to the supermarket and that's extra cost so it will be better we buy it in shops
Very true, i can actually relate with this, there are certain times i do not like going to malls or supermarket simply cause i don not have to dress fancy. I can simply wear anything to a local store and not worry about does around or what they would think.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
That's the sad the part for local shops. Supermarkets can replace them totally in the future. How much more for online shops? They are starting to offer cheaper prices lately.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
Very true, i can actually relate with this, there are certain times i do not like going to malls or supermarket simply cause i don not have to dress fancy. I can simply wear anything to a local store and not worry about does around or what they would think.
Exactly too
If you do not dress nicely to mall, a lot of people will think that you are not okay or make you look inferior

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
Exactly too
If you do not dress nicely to mall, a lot of people will think that you are not okay or make you look inferior
Funny but extremely true. This is exactly why i hate going to malls. Am not really the dressing time. I have sneakers but you would rather see me on slippers or sandals. When it comes to fashion, i do not really have much interest in it, and i really do not want to run into someone i know.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
Funny but extremely true. This is exactly why i hate going to malls. Am not really the dressing time. I have sneakers but you would rather see me on slippers or sandals. When it comes to fashion, i do not really have much interest in it, and i really do not want to run into someone i know.
I have so much interest in fashion but a lot of times I do not want to dress so much I just want to dress casually like I always do

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$10.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
I prefer to shop in a local store or public store for practicality ,there's no VAT compared to malls, VAT all around. It's the consumers paying taxes of the elite.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.680
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yes, supermarkets can afford to sell products at a cheaper price and they offer varieties of products. I sometime buy from local shops as I like the friendly service of the owner.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Sometimes it's the fault of the small shops. Prices here are unregulated, some goods sold can be fake and some offer horrible customer service.

Back