Factors to consider before investing outside your country.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Investors want to explore new markets and expand their portfolios. There are certain things you need to consider before investing outside your country. This include
1) Political Stability: Incessant government change can lead to instability of policies.
2) Economic stability: You have to look at the inflation rate in that country.
3) Culture: You also have to look at the culture of the citizenry before plunging your money in.

What other factors should you consider as an investor looking to invest in another country?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Unfortunately you did not explain the type of investment, whether we are investing in securities, joint ventures, or opening a business branch or establishing a new company in another country. But from your description I suspect opening a new business in another country. The main factor to consider is that foreign investment regulations for each country will be different.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It could be establishment of a new Branch or opening a new business. All requires that you check those factors to be sure your investment won't just evapoorate away like that.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Political, economic and cultural factors are general factors, not the main factors for investing in other countries. while other main factors such as the minimum capital amount of around $700k, and the business must be in the form of a limited liability company.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I would consider before investing in another country is their potential for faster economic growth than developed countries. Some emerging markets have higher GDP growth rates, lower debt levels and younger populations than mature economies.
Investors want to explore new markets and expand their portfolios. There are certain things you need to consider before investing outside your country. This include
1) Political Stability: Incessant government change can lead to instability of policies.
3) Culture: You also have to look at the culture of the citizenry before plunging your money in.

What other factors should you consider as an investor looking to invest in another country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would consider before investing in another country is their potential for faster economic growth than developed countries. Some emerging markets have higher GDP growth rates, lower debt levels and younger populations than mature economies.
Does a high GDP indicate strongly the potential for economic growth? My country has the highest GDP in Africa but the inflation level is sky high. A young population shows a higher ratio of active workforce to draw from for your business

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.135
I assume you meant setting up a business in a foreign country. In this case, you have to consider the rules and regulations for foreign investment in that country. You also have to consider the economic situation and political stability of the location.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The political stability of a country is one important thing to consider when you are about to start a business in a particular country. War and coups can just ruin the whole of your investments.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
I think the most important factor is socioeconomic situation of the country. If the country have relative peace, it is good to go. Another factor to consider is economic policies in the country. There are some policies that are too strict for foriegn foreign investors.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078

That is true. There are some countries that they do not have a stable economy so we need to be careful of investing in them

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Does a high GDP indicate strongly the potential for economic growth? My country has the highest GDP in Africa but the inflation level is sky high. A young population shows a higher ratio of active workforce to draw from for your business
GDP only captures the monetary value of all goods and services produced in a country but it doesnt charge for the quality or quantity of those goods and services or how they affect peoples lives.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
GDP only captures the monetary value of all goods and services produced in a country but it doesnt charge for the quality or quantity of those goods and services or how they affect peoples lives.
You are right and I personally do not like to invest in foreign business especially when I am not living in that country

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So GDP is a measure of quantity rather than quality. I can understand why it doesn't translate to improving the living standard of citizens.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
Another important factor you need to consider as well is the issue of tax. Since you are not from the country, there would definitely be an issue of paying tax to the country.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is very important to make some consideration in making decisions especially business decisions for you to make a decision of business in another country you must consider the country economy and tax payment for foreigners

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
These are good tips to ponder in having business overseas. We also need to know the international law and its coverage before starting or expaning business across the border.

Back