Fixed income vs equities

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
When it comes to investments, there are many ways to invest, but we can differentiate between two great ways of investing, both fixed income and variable income, fixed income is all that seeks to preserve capital and income and make it grow slowly but safer, this includes government and corporate bonds, cash dividends, money market funds and if we talk about variable income, it is another type of riskier investment where the invested capital is not guaranteed to return and is unknown, it is only speculated, here we can encompass, stocks, raw materials, currencies, investment funds, cryptos and more, which one do you prefer?

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I prefer fixed income. Although I am still young, I am at a stage in my life where I can no longer take risks and I must say that I have reached the end of the road. And the other thing is that the older you get, the less excited you are, and you are looking for guarantees, both in investment and in relationships.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
I prefer fixed income. Although I am still young, I am at a stage in my life where I can no longer take risks and I must say that I have reached the end of the road. And the other thing is that the older you get, the less excited you are, and you are looking for guarantees, both in investment and in relationships.
I understand what you say, maybe you just want a normal life without risk and with stable money, then maybe fixed income is for you, i like adrenaline so thats why i like risks

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I understand what you say, maybe you just want a normal life without risk and with stable money, then maybe fixed income is for you, i like adrenaline so thats why i like risks
Yeah that's right. Adrenaline, i was born for this sh*t but dude i can not do it anymore. I don't know, maybe if I can solve my problems, I will forget everything again. But for now, this is how I think

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.790
Raw Dex
$0.008
I do not put all eggs in one basket. I invest in both stocks and bonds. Stocks fluctuates a lot but the potential gain is bigger. Bonds offer a more stable income but the return is not as high as stocks.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.325
The money market will provide fixed income such as deposits and secured bonds etc., in general, it is a type of short-term investment with little risk, so you can use it as an emergency reserve, while stocks and crypto are types of long-term investments that have big risks. Apart from residential property assets for rent, more than 70% of my investment instruments are at high risk.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
The money market will provide fixed income such as deposits and secured bonds etc., in general, it is a type of short-term investment with little risk, so you can use it as an emergency reserve, while stocks and crypto are types of long-term investments that have big risks. Apart from residential property assets for rent, more than 70% of my investment instruments are at high risk.
Yes, I also like to be more invested in equities, but honestly the best thing would be to have a balance between the two to cover your back, at least I think so.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.325
You're right, investment instruments must be balanced, that's why I diversify into residential property and money market, to be able to cover if there is a weakness in high risk instruments.

Mayor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me, If it is quite possible, Then I would not hesitate in dividing my portfolio to two. One part of it would be invested in a fixed income which has proven to be safer. Then the remaining part can be invested into an investment with higher rewards.

Back