Forum Partners

fords8

Technician
Jun 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So I am wondering why people don't like having partners when starting and running a forum? Do we have anyone here that wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 partners?

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.480
As I can assume, people don't like hear other suggestions. They have idea about entire job and they don't like involve others. You can be employer like moderator on forum, but not partner.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So I am wondering why people don't like having partners when starting and running a forum? Do we have anyone here that wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 partners?
In my opinion, with a forum, there is one goal. That goal would be to earn some form of online revenue and bragging rights of actually starting a successful online community. If a forum has partners, it cuts both revenue and bragging rights in half. I don't think most people enjoy that in all honesty. As for me, personally, when I go to open a new website, I don't normally like partnerships because I want to open and do things my specific way.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$2.930
People who create forums might want partners because that will ease their work. However, in most cases, partners are not available because working on a forum is a lot of work but payment is not guaranteed because it is difficult to generate revenue on the forum. I have rejected a lot of partnership offers because the owners offered to share revenue instead of a fixed payment. I run a forum and I know you don't generate revenue easily.

fords8

Technician
Jun 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That means some legal agreement has to be made. Right?
You don't need anything legal unless you want to make money on it. Why would anyone spend cash for business licences and so on if they don't plan to make any cash. I would say making your forum partnership public is a good start. You take a well known user and partner up with them, they are not going ruin there rep for a forum. Of course you need to buy a domain, get hosting, and buy forum software if you want paid. Just go free software to start with and build your partnership to the paid software. A domian and hosting don't cost to much.

Now if you plan to make cash, then I would suggest doing a legal business. I would also look into more than if you did a local business with someone that lives around you. Forum partners could be over seas and so on. So you have to check laws from multi places.

You do want to have anyone involved in the partnership have an investment in it. If they have nothing in the game, they could disappear on you. They still can, but you agree in the beginning that if that happens, they lose the investment they put in. The point is, work it out in the beginning.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
Most of the forums that want a partnership with an old forum want to cherish free advertisement. The partnership rule could be having at least 1000 visitors per month or 1000 users as in reality forum is placing ads in rotation for 5 $ per week but if a free forum with 10 members wants a partnership with an old community of 5000 members seems illogic as traffic from free forum to big forum worth nothing from reverse traffic.

Back