Giant Business: Walmart

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Who could believe that a giant and famous business in the world closed 15 Walmart locations across the United States of America? These are the locations: Arkansas, Washington, D.C., Georgia ( 2), Florida, Hawaii, Illinois ( 3), Minnesota, New Mexico, Oregon ( 2), Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. Walmart employs more than 1. 6 million people and because of low sales at some of its stores, so the management has to close 15 of its Walmart locations. The company laid off hundreds of workers . Where will these people go at the moment of time when crises seem to sink into the world? This was announced last January 31, 2023, and I am so sure that those laid off have found another job or opted to work online. It is a sad reality. This is what we call unforeseen events which is why, we need to save at least 20% of our earnings so that when worse comes to worst, we are ready and not to be hungry.

My friend, a teacher in New Mexico confirmed this to me, and she no longer shops in Walmart near her location. Well, I agree that " There is no guaranteed job and no guaranteed business."

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The world economy is shrinking and many people's job is at high risk. The level of inflation is very high and it is crumbling companies and organizations. A lot of multinational companies have laid off hundreds of staff. Facebook for instance have laid off hundreds of staffs.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.173
This is a sad thing to hear. It flashes back the time when my former online tutorial company laid off a lot of virtual teachers. I am sure this company is in a bad situation.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
@Magnus2022 and @Shavkat, our economy is affected by global crises, In fact, the American Group of Insurance Companies was also affected and because of that, many insurance companies that rely on the umbrella of the American Grop of Insurance Companies closed, others survived like PHILAMLIFE.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.173
@Magnus2022 and @Shavkat, our economy is affected by global crises, In fact, the American Group of Insurance Companies was also affected and because of that, many insurance companies that rely on the umbrella of the American Grop of Insurance Companies closed, others survived like PHILAMLIFE.
I agree with you. It has been months that most companies are suffering. If the USA's companies were greatly affected, how much more with the Asian companies. In my city, I had seen some small companies closed down because of this pandemic.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I agree with you. It has been months that most companies are suffering. If the USA's companies were greatly affected, how much more with the Asian companies. In my city, I had seen some small companies closed down because of this pandemic.
It also happens here. There are so many businesses that rent in the mall that decided to shut down due to bankruptcy. The main cause is the virus. Malls here are not like before full of people.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.450
Walmat and such stores don't have big fee on each sold product. Also almost every store can be looked as individual. If some individual don't make money, it can only drain others to. Better close it than destroy others. People can find jobs but they must accept moving into another town or change qualifications.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Walmat and such stores don't have big fee on each sold product. Also almost every store can be looked as individual. If some individual don't make money, it can only drain others to. Better close it than destroy others. People can find jobs but they must accept moving into another town or change qualifications.
Thank you for sharing this very important information about Walmart. There were many closed, 15, and those workers struggled to find a new jobs. It is crucial for those with kids.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.080
It seems to be unbelievable but it had happen and these types of news are commonly coming in newspapers and other media. These are one of the important reason that we feel very tough competition in online earning.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.573
I agree with you in this because there is surely no guaranteed business nor there is no guaranteed job. Every hustles is bound to collapse and fail at anytime of the day. So savings can really save us from all this unexpected happenings.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I agree with you in this because there is surely no guaranteed business nor there is no guaranteed job. Every hustles is bound to collapse and fail at anytime of the day. So savings can really save us from all this unexpected happenings.
Very well said, saving is very important even 10 percent of our total gross than nothing. The required percentage is supposed to be 20 percent, but because of the high cost of commodities, only save even little.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.573
I think this must be caused by a number of reasons. Firstly the implications of the pandemic , the existing war between Russia and Ukraine and the ongoing inflation worldwide.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Who could believe that a giant and famous business in the world closed 15 Walmart locations across the United States of America? These are the locations: Arkansas, Washington, D.C., Georgia ( 2), Florida, Hawaii, Illinois ( 3), Minnesota, New Mexico, Oregon ( 2), Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. Walmart employs more than 1. 6 million people and because of low sales at some of its stores, so the management has to close 15 of its Walmart locations. The company laid off hundreds of workers . Where will these people go at the moment of time when crises seem to sink into the world? This was announced last January 31, 2023, and I am so sure that those laid off have found another job or opted to work online. It is a sad reality. This is what we call unforeseen events which is why, we need to save at least 20% of our earnings so that when worse comes to worst, we are ready and not to be hungry.

My friend, a teacher in New Mexico confirmed this to me, and she no longer shops in Walmart near her location. Well, I agree that " There is no guaranteed job and no guaranteed business."
The economy and the recession in the world affected them badly. That is very sad.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.573
It's very sad as we shall continue to watch more and more business giants collapsing down due to continued effects of the pandemics and other tough and harsh economical climatic conditions

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
The fact is it's closing 15 of it's branches, No matter how glaring a business is if by nature it falls due to unforseen events like low sales. People prioritise food as their vital need than the wants that could be adjusted.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Like Walmart, Like Meta, like Google. Many giants businesses are laying off staff because it is not easy to run a business in this kind of economy that we are in.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is a sad thing to hear. It flashes back the time when my former online tutorial company laid off a lot of virtual teachers. I am sure this company is in a bad situation.

This year 2023 alone have seen a lot of workers been laid off from mostly tech companies and it is a very sad thing because those people have lost their jobs and they are not even being considered by other companies.

Back