Has your website ever been under DDoS?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.190
Recently, one of my websites was under DDoS attack. After the problem was solved, it went under attack a second time in less than 12 hours. Has your website ever been under DDoS attack? How did you solve the problem? Were you able to handle it yourself od did you have to hire a technician to solve the case. Has it happened again.

Ravenfreak

Complete Stranger
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thankfully my websites were never under DDOS attacks before. However, I advise anyone that owns a website to use Cloudflare to help with any denial of service attacks. Your web hosting might also offer extra protection for your sites too, but Cloudflare is the best way to go.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.440
Thankfully my websites were never under DDOS attacks before. However, I advise anyone that owns a website to use Cloudflare to help with any denial of service attacks. Your web hosting might also offer extra protection for your sites too, but Cloudflare is the best way to go.
This is because there is captcha page or redirection page before redirect to the final page it is not like for example giving access to the final page this is reason behind the reduce of DDOS attack because it needs to solve captcha to be able to do that.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.180
I have a blog with blogspot so far. Soon I will be coming up with my website. I need to know these things to keep it secure. Well, i was always irritated with Captcha thing of any site. Now, I see the reason that they have it. Knowing it I should not be irritated when I see captcha any more.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
One I ran with my father years back may have been under one a few times, if I understood what to look for during that time period. But haven't had any I own directly get attacked in recent years.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.440
I have a blog with blogspot so far. Soon I will be coming up with my website. I need to know these things to keep it secure. Well, i was always irritated with Captcha thing of any site. Now, I see the reason that they have it. Knowing it I should not be irritated when I see captcha any more.
The reason for DDOS is that websites contain sensitive data which is not the case for Blogspot or these free hosting providers so what will do a hacker with a blog? If for example website contains credit card and Paypal then it might attract such attention for this case.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.558
I'm yet to have a site but many websites have always been under DDOS attacks. This happen to even the best of sites it is good to use Cloudflare to douse off any denial of service attacks.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.440
I'm yet to have a site but many websites have always been under DDOS attacks. This happen to even the best of sites it is good to use Cloudflare to douse off any denial of service attacks.
Cloudflare is just doing a captcha to access to the website to avoid bot visitors or for example to avoid someone doing spam traffic to your network and only humans could access, doesn't relate to DDOS attacks which is backend only attack and not frontend (like Cloudflare).

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
My websites have been DDOSed several times especially when they were having more traffic. At present they have very less traffic so mostly no one is interested in wasting time, resources for ddosing.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.440
My websites have been DDOSed several times especially when they were having more traffic. At present they have very less traffic so mostly no one is interested in wasting time, resources for ddosing.
The DDOS could attack the server so DDOS that attack URL could be solved by Cloudflare but if it attacks the server needs server DDOS protection because there is kudo of them that attack the server and not a website. As explained to @cherry123.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Luckily my website has not been under a DDOS attack but I do know that it is a very real worry for webmasters all over the internet. I use options such as Cloudflare to help prevent any kind of issues and ensure that anything I use is up to date to ensure that my site is not an easy target.

Skunkyrial

Complete Stranger
Nov 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Oh, that sounds like a real headache! DDoS attacks can be quite a pain to deal with.
Usually, folks I know have had to employ some extra security measures, like using a CDN or a WAF to help mitigate these attacks. Sometimes, they've had to get in touch with their hosting provider to help manage the situation. Also, you can try using any free IP stresser in addition to what I've listed above.
It's a good idea to have a plan in place in case it happens again. Prevention is key, but being prepared for the worst can save you a lot of stress.

Last edited:

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.043
For me l can say that l have not yet experienced that problem before. However l would have consulted my server service provider in the evident of that issue for a quick response.

Back