Have You Been a Victim of Online Scams

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
Ponzi schemes and High-Yield Investment Programs (HYIPs) are rampant online scams. They frequently come disguised as various investment programs. Some of the examples of online scams are Cloud mining program where yopu are promised guaranteed crypto returns, MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) programs where you have to recruit dowlines, HYIP programs where you are promised daily or weekly returns of 5-10 percent, etc.. Most online investment schemes fall into either Ponzi schemes or HYIP categories, both of which should be avoided.

When you are asked money for generating income, always do research.

Have you ever been a victim?

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.940
Of course yes, l had once fallen a victim for the high yield investment platforms. I met someone online who introduced me to the investment platform after ensuring the legitimacy for the site as l saw multiple payment proofs for the site.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
Yes, when considering any investment opportunity online, it is important to do thorough research and due diligence to avoid falling victim to Ponzi schemes or HYIPs. There are many red flags that can indicate a scam, such as unrealistic guaranteed returns, pressure to recruit others, and lack of information about the company or its owners.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think that a lot of peaple got into traps so we all need to be aware of scammers since they are getting smarter and smarter there can be a lot of ways they can scam you

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my opinion, everyone who tried to earn money online became a victim of fraud, even when I was a beginner, I did not understand how everything works and I did not think about the fact that IT can be a fraud only because they promise to pay a lot. And I invested 100 dollars in a project recommended by a blogger, and without doing any verification, I simply invested the funds, but I could not withdraw the profit.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
Always verify the credibility of any project or platform before investing. Check for reviews, testimonials, and user experiences from multiple sources. If a blogger recommends a particular opportunity, try to find additional information beyond their endorsement alone.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
I have been a victim of online scams, many times. I may call myself careless and dumb because I did not learn a lesson from the first and second scams. I should have referred the veracity of the items through feedback from customers

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
Always verify the credibility of any project or platform before investing. Check for reviews, testimonials, and user experiences from multiple sources. If a blogger recommends a particular opportunity, try to find additional information beyond their endorsement alone.
Sometimes you become a victim even when you have done everything. For instance, once I was scammed by a cloud mining company. I did some research and the company had a lot of positive reviews. I was even able to see the company location in Google Maps.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I am a victim of a major online scam since 2010, with top government employees who hate me, and have never helped me, spreading fake rumors that they are paying all the business expenses.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.350
Like 10 years ago I lost 50$. I 'bought' a bot for something, already forgot for what was, and I never got it. I was scammed few times on PTP forums. Last was few years ago.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
Sometimes you become a victim even when you have done everything. For instance, once I was scammed by a cloud mining company. I did some research and the company had a lot of positive reviews. I was even able to see the company location in Google Maps.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always important to remember that even with thorough research and verification, there is still a risk involved when investing in any project or platform. Unfortunately, some scammers are very skilled at creating a false sense of credibility and legitimacy. We should remain vigilant and continue to do our due diligence, even if a company or opportunity seems trustworthy at first glance.

Back