Have you ever experienced fraud from a site or forum?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I've heard of many scam sites/forums on the internet. I was tricked by one of the Swagbucks applications that I downloaded from the playstore, I found out about this from Quora. I've tried withdrawing payments from there, but the money doesn't go to my Paypal account, after I asked a friend it turned out the application was fake. The logo is different from the original Swagbucks website. I am concerned and wonder why a fraudulent application like that can get into the Playstore.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes it was a forum that offered me a job opportunity that sounded too good to be true they asked me for some samples of my work and then disappeared without paying me or contacting me again.
I'm sorry to hear that. May I know which forum are you referring to? In order to be a valuable lesson for all of us so that similar things do not happen again.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.610
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have not experienced fraud from a site or forum. But I have a frustrating experience with Swagbucks. When I cash out, they need my phone no. to send me a verification code. But I could not receive the code. I wrote to them and asked if there are other ways to verify my account. They requested me to send very personal information including my ID card number. I gave up and quit.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.025
I recently experienced fraud online. I purchased a cellular phone and the model displayed was Samsung galaxy S21 but when it arrived there's no model name. They delivered me fake unit. What a senseless human being.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have experienced any scam from websites and apps. The last one was last month on an app that I downloaded. After watching lots of ads and requested for my payment, they did not pay me

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I have not experienced fraud from a site or forum. But I have a frustrating experience with Swagbucks. When I cash out, they need my phone no. to send me a verification code. But I could not receive the code. I wrote to them and asked if there are other ways to verify my account. They requested me to send very personal information including my ID card number. I gave up and quit.
I am sorry to hear that. If I were in your position too I would better give up and stop. When I hesitate to try something, it's better to back off, for security reasons.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$13.073
I have come across a few scam sites before in the past though. There were some i was lucky enough not to loose anything, while there are others i ended up loosing money form.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
I've heard of many scam sites/forums on the internet. I was tricked by one of the Swagbucks applications that I downloaded from the playstore, I found out about this from Quora. I've tried withdrawing payments from there, but the money doesn't go to my Paypal account, after I asked a friend it turned out the application was fake. The logo is different from the original Swagbucks website. I am concerned and wonder why a fraudulent application like that can get into the Playstore.
It happens a lot, and play store seems not to care. Thankfully, they didn't ask you to pay processing fees for your withdrawal. That's the worst form of scam.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.143
Fraudulent websites are more prevalent these days, and it is getting harder to tell them apart from legitimate ones. Unfortunately, I have been a victim of such websites before. Despite putting in a lot of effort, I did not receive any payment.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.025
Yes,I experienced it and I was so sad. I spent time and energy writing posts on those sites like Mykites ,Wikinut and Two. They just disappeared without paying people.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$4.100
When I was still a newbie, I was victimized with these sites for a couple of times. Now, I learned how to check if they are legit or not.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I have experienced scam in so many ways. There are even some forums that I worked on and when I got to the withdrawal threshold, they refused to pay me

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$12.045
Raw Dex
$0.003
This has happed with me many times when I started working on the forum but after then I started joining only those sites whereas I was shown the proof of earnings by a member.

Last edited:
Back