Have you ever sold scrap metals/iron to metal scavengers.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
In my country, these metal/ iron scavengers walk from place to place looking for condemned iron and metals to buy.
Have you ever sold any condmend iron or metal to them. How much did you sell? Do you even have them at all in your country?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.025
Hehe, I have never sold like those you mentioned, but it is a good business. It is a good business for the husband and wife. Many profited from selling what they bought.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have sold like 2 metals to them yeah it is a good business if you have the kind of metals that the buyers want it is not all the types that they buy

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$4.100
Before the pandemic, some scavengers were asking to buy metals, plastics, used items, and the like before. Now, I have not seen them. I had tried to sell them before and now, I need them.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.025
Before the pandemic, some scavengers were asking to buy metals, plastics, used items, and the like before. Now, I have not seen them. I had tried to sell them before and now, I need them.
Even here in my place I can no longer seen one buyer if metals or scrap things. Maybe they find it hard to dispose to the main buyers. Many things changed and happened during the pandemic.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$4.100
Even here in my place I can no longer seen one buyer if metals or scrap things. Maybe they find it hard to dispose to the main buyers. Many things changed and happened during the pandemic.
I agree with you. There are so many things going on brought by this. I heard that there is another surge happening in Shenzhen, China. I do hope that we can go back the way it used to be.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I have done it a few times. I do sell recyclable stuff like newspapers, old notebooks, plastics, metals etc. It is a very common practice here in Indian household. I do it very frequently.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country, these metal/ iron scavengers walk from place to place looking for condemned iron and metals to buy.
Have you ever sold any condmend iron or metal to them. How much did you sell? Do you even have them at all in your country?

Yes of course I've done something like this when I was still younger because it was a very easy way of making money by selling those in scrap materials that are not into any used for anyone that is lying around in the neighborhood.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
Yes of course I've done something like this when I was still younger because it was a very easy way of making money by selling those in scrap materials that are not into any used for anyone that is lying around in the neighborhood.
I still saw a generator repairer selling those spoilt Ms condemned metal and iron parts of generators. It is one quick way of making money. Those buyers buy per kilo.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Last year in November 2022, we had some renovation work done in our apartment. We had a few things changed and replaced. We got a huge pile of things to sell. We sold them by kilos and made around 100 dollars doing so.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
Those set of people are barned in my country. You rather go to a registered company and dump them there. It is believed that scavengers commit all sort of attrocities with these equipment, they either steal or they kill. They are responsible for destroying other people's property

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Those set of people are barned in my country. You rather go to a registered company and dump them there. It is believed that scavengers commit all sort of attrocities with these equipment, they either steal or they kill. They are responsible for destroying other people's property
Oh! That does not sound good. Well, we have not heard of any such things in our country. It's very much in practice here and many poor households are making their livelihoods from this.
It's sad that how much destructive a human mind can be.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
Oh! That does not sound good. Well, we have not heard of any such things in our country. It's very much in practice here and many poor households are making their livelihoods from this.
It's sad that how much destructive a human mind can be.
The challenge is that the business was dominated by a particular ethnic group who are prone to violence. With their desperation, they used to steal scrap when people left their homes.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$4.100
I have done it a few times. I do sell recyclable stuff like newspapers, old notebooks, plastics, metals etc. It is a very common practice here in Indian household. I do it very frequently.
Some schools ask their students to do crafts made of recycled materials at home. That is why I keep some of them. So that my niece can use them if needed.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Where i live (in the northern part of Nigeria) it is normal for people to sell their old assets and scrapped metals to these people. I have done it myself but don't expect to make so much money from it.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$4.100
Where i live (in the northern part of Nigeria) it is normal for people to sell their old assets and scrapped metals to these people. I have done it myself but don't expect to make so much money from it.
Believe it or not, when I was young, I do collect them and sell them to a junkyard before. It was my habit to hoard unused things and sell them to have some extra cash for my school allowance.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
Last year in November 2022, we had some renovation work done in our apartment. We had a few things changed and replaced. We got a huge pile of things to sell. We sold them by kilos and made around 100 dollars doing so.
How much do they buy per kilo in your country? That's because those guys in my country are always pricing it very low per kilo. Less than half a dollar per kilo for iron and a little bit higher aluminum.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$13.073
One thing i hate about these persons is that they can price these mental at a very low price, they pretend like they do not have money to buy it but if you check them they walk around with bulk money. I have sold some to them before though.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
How much do they buy per kilo in your country? That's because those guys in my country are always pricing it very low per kilo. Less than half a dollar per kilo for iron and a little bit higher aluminum.
Here, when I sold last November, it was 100 Rs per kilo for aluminium ( around 1.45 dollars) and 80( around one dollar) for iron. Even newspaper, plastic bottles, cartons etc can be sold here. We have a fixed rate.

Back