Have you ever sold scrap metals/iron to metal scavengers.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.620
Raw Dex
$0.020
So many times I sold scrap metals and always I get it's good rate. Usually after some day most of us get these in our houses because so many people live in our houses and mostly they through the junk items in store room.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$5.014
Raw Dex
$0.001
So many times I sold scrap metals and always I get it's good rate. Usually after some day most of us get these in our houses because so many people live in our houses and mostly they through the junk items in store room.
This is very common because many people have one or two scrap metals in their environment that they can sell off immediately.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Here in our country, most of the junks can be sold as long as they can be recycled. The rates are also good. And even goverment promotes us to sell them to these people who take them to recycling centres. It's better than throwing them away in bins.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I still saw a generator repairer selling those spoilt Ms condemned metal and iron parts of generators. It is one quick way of making money. Those buyers buy per kilo.

It is how all metal and iron are being sold everywhere because it is only measured in kilo which is going to be quantified in it worth whenever you have included with your buyer.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
Here, when I sold last November, it was 100 Rs per kilo for aluminium ( around 1.45 dollars) and 80( around one dollar) for iron. Even newspaper, plastic bottles, cartons etc can be sold here. We have a fixed rate.
Do you mean they buy newspapers to recycle? In my place, they only but aluminum and iron scraps. They buy a little bit of plastic. It is a good business to use and survive.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

You get a far more better than if you can be able to take the material to their deport where they have a lot of buyers who will offer you more rates for your scrap materials.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Do you mean they buy newspapers to recycle? In my place, they only but aluminum and iron scraps. They buy a little bit of plastic. It is a good business to use and survive.
Yes, they do buy old newspapers and even old books and notebooks. They even buy cartons that we get from Amazon and other such deliveries and all plastic items as well as old electronic items that don't work. Everything has a different rate.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
Yes, they do buy old newspapers and even old books and notebooks. They even buy cartons that we get from Amazon and other such deliveries and all plastic items as well as old electronic items that don't work. Everything has a different rate.
That means you people have a good recycling system and sector in your country. A classic case of nothing at all is a waste.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
That means you people have a good recycling system and sector in your country. A classic case of nothing at all is a waste.
India is still a developing country and struggles with its own challenges. But it's definitely on a path of development and it's emerging strong on almost all fronts. The current government is very particular about waste segregation and encourages it. It's like a movement here in the last few years. It's really showing a remarkable improvement but still there is a long way to go. People are no more aware about recycling and are participating actively.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I did the business of selling scraps to scavengers at low prices because I don't know the rudiments of the business then. Not knowing the business is so simple if toy come into contact with the right persons. Scavengers buy from the public through evaluation of the scraps while they in turn sell to iron recycling companies through weight measurement.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
To sell these things more often it is to find out where to eadily sell them you can even sell other stuff like, old notebooks, metals that are always needed

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I have continued with one person who has a physical store in the neighborhood and we can carry our stuff there to sell. Sometimes when I have a lot of stuffs to sell, I call him. He comes home and picks up everything. That's more convenient for me. He pays a good rate and is a trustworthy person. Quite professional in his approach.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Recycling is actually a very big industry right now because there are so many things that can be recycled into something that is going to be valuable in cash.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
Recycling is actually a very big industry right now because there are so many things that can be recycled into something that is going to be valuable in cash.
This goes a long way to prove that nothing is a waste and that everything has value. Recycling is really a huge industry but we are still underdeveloped in the sector.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Recycling and upcycling are the in things these days. More and more people are becoming conscious about environment and waste management.. Recycling projects are being promoted and supported by the governments too..

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
The big profits is in you getting a recycling plants. That is quite expensive to start but if you can pull resources to start, it would be a huge business for you. And you would make profits from it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
The big profits is in you getting a recycling plants. That is quite expensive to start but if you can pull resources to start, it would be a huge business for you. And you would make profits from it.
I don't even know where those recycling plants are located. I just see them loading lots of recyclable materials in big trucks and leaving the state.

Back