Have you ever sold scrap metals/iron to metal scavengers.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.258
For me I have never done that before, though I have a friend of mine who is doing that as his primary job. I find him making some reasonable profits with the business in deed.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I guess that one would need different recycling plants to recycle different things. So, the recyclable wastes are first separated and sorted before they are sent to recyclable plants. I don't think that they have same process to recycle metal, plastic and paper etc.

Phavee

Unfamiliar
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
Sure I've sold scrap a lot lol. Sometimes tin sometimes an iron or even drum and all that. I remembered the last scrap I sold was our old TV. Tho its faulty and can be fixed buh i just have to sell it cause it's old. Lol

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$2.000
I never sold them anything. I just give them some trash. It was very old TV and stove on wood. In stove was metal but I am not sure how I would sell it so I just give it.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This goes a long way to prove that nothing is a waste and that everything has value. Recycling is really a huge industry but we are still underdeveloped in the sector.

You are very correct about that and it's one of the reason why I have been on the case of our government to try as much as they can to bring investors who will start up recycling companies in the nation so that youths will have a job to do.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Here when they come, they do buy metals, newspaper, old books, notebooks, plastic and old broken furnitures or electronic devices. But they refuse to buy glass bottles. Many a times I have sold the items that they buy and given them glass bottles for free.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Here when they come, they do buy metals, newspaper, old books, notebooks, plastic and old broken furnitures or electronic devices. But they refuse to buy glass bottles. Many a times I have sold the items that they buy and given them glass bottles for free.
I know very well that there's virtually nothing that cannot be reecycled presently and that is why they keep buying different things.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't even know where those recycling plants are located. I just see them loading lots of recyclable materials in big trucks and leaving the state.
We have lots of recycling plants in Nigeria. They are are the ones buying these iron scraps from the scavengers. They turn these scraps into iron rods and plates during productions. I had in several occasions sold iron scraps from my faulted household materials to them.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.513
We have lots of recycling plants in Nigeria. They are are the ones buying these iron scraps from the scavengers. They turn these scraps into iron rods and plates during productions. I had in several occasions sold iron scraps from my faulted household materials to them.
The recycling industry has created a source of livelihood for the scavengers. Even high school boys from not well to do backgrounds do scavenging to meet up with financial need.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes in my country, we do sell scrap metals or iron to metal scavangers. It's not good to have them around occupying space, it's also dangerous and harmful. It's best to discard it to people who'll need it and get some cash.

Back