High school kids, to work as a gasoline boy, good or bad?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I noticed there are high school students working as gasoline boy. I interviewed one and he said, he wants to help his parents. I wanted to oppose him because he is just 17 years old and he is burdened with responsibility. His duty is supposed to study hard, finished a course, and find a better job, but this young boy is the opposite. He works as a gasoline boy. It is so unfair to this young boy, but he is happy with what he is doing. What can you say?
I think it depends on the condition that the boy is in. There are some of these kids that fend for themselves

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
I noticed there are high school students working as gasoline boy. I interviewed one and he said, he wants to help his parents. I wanted to oppose him because he is just 17 years old and he is burdened with responsibility. His duty is supposed to study hard, finished a course, and find a better job, but this young boy is the opposite. He works as a gasoline boy. It is so unfair to this young boy, but he is happy with what he is doing. What can you say?
Well like you stated he is happy doing it then there's no problem it is for him to combine the two.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
Well like you stated he is happy doing it then there's no problem it is for him to combine the two.
Yes, he is a tall kid, smiling and friendly. He receives tips from customers. He receives 150 pesos for two hours of duty but his tips are more than what he earns, and that is what he likes more working as a gasoline boy.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
Yes, he is a tall kid, smiling and friendly. He receives tips from customers. He receives 150 pesos for two hours of duty but his tips are more than what he earns, and that is what he likes more working as a gasoline boy.
That's the whole idea if he is enjoying it that' might just be what is keeping him happy so go ahead with it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
Not all kids have the guts to work in a gasoline station. Working as a gasoline boy requires guts. Those shy and lazy types stay at home and play games online. Others watch videos.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
Not all kids have the guts to work in a gasoline station. Working as a gasoline boy requires guts. Those shy and lazy types stay at home and play games online. Others watch videos.
I think this traits stems from overpampering. Some parent just spoil their children with pampering

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
These days I see most kids looking to earn even if its part-time or online because they like to support their parents
That's right but for those well off they won't dare work as a gasoline boy. In case there's few from the well off kids they will be appreciated and emulated.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.002
Yeah but some parents are over doing it and getting the children spoilt in the process.
There are over protective parents. They have to give their kids freedom to decide what's best for them. They have to ask their kids if like to work during free hours to train them to become mature and responsible.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.761
I don't blame the boy because at 17 he is already an adult and one year down the line can't deny the boy to employment. Let them help their parents as the economic climate is not that good.

Reynico

Complete Stranger
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Working as a gasoline boy can be good experience for high school kids, as it teaches them valuable "real-life" skills such as customer service, communication, and time management.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
There's nothing wrong that he is working as a gasoline boy, I mean, there are a lot of kids who are lazy and do nothing to help their families. I know it's not his responsibility to provide for his family and it's sad, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Back