Holding all your assets in a close relative's name. Pros and Cons.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Most wealthy people don't hold any financial asset in their names. They rather prefer to hold it in the name of a close family member.

The advantage is that it protects them against confiscation of their assets in the event of legal tussle that warrants that. Such a person is broke by default whereas his assets are in some other person's name.

The disadvantage is that the person who is holding your asset for you can decide to play smart and claim all as his own.

Would you hold your assets in the name of another person?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
I can hold my assets in my spouse's name, in my kids' name, in my parents names. I can also hold assets in my siblings names.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I think it is fine if they are my immediate family members. Speaking of distant relatives, I do not want to have this idea with them.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Am not so sure about this though, I can hold assets in my kid's name and maybe my wife depending on the kind of wife I finally get married to.

Sawe

Somewhat Known
May 14, 2024
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
It is so difficult for me to trust another person, so I don't see myself putting the assets in another person's name. Unless there is so much security in place and I am assured they won't go behind my back on the assets. I see how it can be important to do that to avoid your wealth being confiscated or frozen. This works so well for politicians and people who hold high government offices as they are susceptible to such legal procedures.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
I find it risky because I feel you can trust your dad or mom or even your siblings in this matter but not your relatives as they may run away with your wealth

Back