How Are Nigerians Dealing With Cryptocurrency?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
For some days now, the federal government of Nigeria have been at loggerheads with some citizens and also some trading platform like Binance.

As at now, they are trying to block every means they know that citizens can use to trade cryptocurrency or withdraw into their banks accounts. Some of us are still stubborn though but what’s your view on this matter?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$0.190
I see it as the government just flexing their muscles because the more they deter us, the more we would be inclined with crypto. It might be the only way young people from Nigeria work online and get paid but they don't care.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
It seems that the Nigerian government is willing to end cryptocurrencies in the country, now wanting to end P2P services, but what they don't know is that cryptocurrencies are P2P by nature and do not need any exchange to work, but that is something that Nigerians have to put into practice, cryptocurrencies were born so that there was no trusted third party to tell you when you can transact and when you can't.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.520
Raw Dex
$0.190
I hear that they have blocked Binance, and Coinase does not offer full functionality. IN a situation like this they must be facing big problems in investment and trading.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
I see it as the government just flexing their muscles because the more they deter us, the more we would be inclined with crypto. It might be the only way young people from Nigeria work online and get paid but they don't care.
Definitely, they are just pained that crypto has become an escape route for the youths, they always want to control and impoverish people, but they can't stop us, the more they keep trying the more stronger we keep becoming.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.300
It seems the local government is trying to be stricter with this matter. In my country, some politicians are planning to do this, too. They started to be stricter for online shopping apps here though.

Rubz

Notable
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.385
Well, i believe that Nigerians are able to deal with crypto currencies effectively. This is because even with the government disturbance, there are still a lot of exchanges which one can use to trade crypto or withdraw it to one's bank account.

Back