How best to quit a job

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
When I work and will move jobs from one office to another, and I face HR or the manager, they won't allow them and they even promise to raise their salary and give me a promotion if there is an opportunity. but actually it's not a matter of salary or promotion, but I want to work according to my expertise.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.480
Raw Dex
$0.008
When I submitted my resignation, I always told my boss or HR Department why I decided to move on to another job. This could be due to better pay, and better career prospects. After submitting my resignation, I continued to try my best to get the job done before I left. This is about work ethics, and I also would like to get a good reference letter.

Quitting a job for me doesn't mean I am a loser. I only find a new job to quit.
I tell my manager in advance that I am moving to a new work.
I send my resignation for signatures
The resignation letter should indicate at least 30 days notice (if urgent, state the reason)
This way, they can find replacement and that I can transition everything to the next employee

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
Typically, quitting a job is to tender a resignation letter one before the end date. It is a standard practice that we need to follow.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
How can one quit a job without getting into the bad book of the previous workplace. You know you never can tell when you would be needing any help from your previous workplace. How can leaving one job for another be done without issues?

Well, if i were to quite a job, then I will simply quite it without offering any reason. i am not sure if employers are entitled to seek a reason for why you want to quite.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
The best thing to do is let them know weeks or if possible months before you finally quit the job and always be on good teams with not just your coworkers but also your employer.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Sometimes you may need to quit a job because you have a better job ready to move into, this is not something that is wrong and is to be expected and the best way to quit your current job is, to be honest with your boss and tell them why you are quitting. Giving them notice as well looks better as that gives them time to find someone to replace you when you leave and then you can leave on good terms.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.020
it is always good to get them informed weeks or months before you finally quit the job I think this is the right thing to do so that you leave in peace

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
If an employee wants to resign from a job, it is assumed that there is a better place for that employee to transfer. That must be what he or she to state in the letter of resignation. The letter of resignation must be submitted 1 month before resigning to give time to the company to hire a replacement.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't really have anything to say on this. I went to my workplace after I had been absent for three days, explained why I stayed away, asked for concessions to help overcome the challenges for the meantime. They refused. I stood there, wrote a resignation and submitted. I left.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
How can one quit a job without getting into the bad book of the previous workplace. You know you never can tell when you would be needing any help from your previous workplace. How can leaving one job for another be done without issues?
The best way to quit a job is by leaving the job politely when you have done all the necessary things you need to do and you are not owing the company any money

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The best way to quit a job is by leaving the job politely when you have done all the necessary things you need to do and you are not owing the company any money
Is it every job that you leave politely? Some jobs that are very toxic don't deserve that you live in a peaceful manner. Just ghost them and never come back when you get your last pay.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yes you leave a job in peace. you just leave the job politely without any rancour or stress. Just make sure you are not owing the company any money and tender your resignation

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Is it every job that you leave politely? Some jobs that are very toxic don't deserve that you live in a peaceful manner. Just ghost them and never come back when you get your last pay.
I understand that you feel but you know we are not the same and we have different ways of handling issues so I will just prefer to leave a job politely even though I was treated badly

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is hallmark of work ethics to resign honourably from a company or organisation. There is nothing wrong in informing your Boss. Giving them prior information will help the company to find replacement. Moreover, it will keep your relationship with the company in cordial state, because nobody knows tomorrow.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
It is hallmark of work ethics to resign honourably from a company or organisation. There is nothing wrong in informing your Boss. Giving them prior information will help the company to find replacement. Moreover, it will keep your relationship with the company in cordial state, because nobody knows tomorrow.
And it is even good to inform them a few days before you are going to resign so that they will replace you with someone else instead of your space to be vacant after you have gone.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
Try to find reason tell tha manager sincerely
It is indeed that it is fine to say the reason to the manager directly and seriously. Although it is best to submit a formal resignation letter. It is the best way to document things up when quiting a job.

Back