How. best to tackle an envious colleague in the workplace

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.210
Raw Dex
$0.010
While I was working in GlaxoSmithKline many of my colleagues were jealous with me due to my extraordinary performance as I had taken gold medal but I always face them politely because if I would have to show my negative reactions it was possible that they might hurt me.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.790
This is very bad as one don't have to deal with bad working conditions or bossy employer but with envious people as coworkers as well. it can be easy for anyone now.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would try to get close to the person and find out why the person dislikes me. If it is possible to change the person's mindset, I do. If I can't, I leave.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.200
Envy and jealousy is as valid as any other human emotions. We can't say that it's childish or immature to feel jealous. We all have been there and can't deny it. It's a strong human emotion and it's quite normal and natural to feel it. The maturity is to be able to manage it and deal it with well. As long as you don't sense anything harming you because of your coworker's jealousy, you are safe to go. You can just ignore and move on.. But if you see red flags and warning signs that might hamper you, you have to tackle it in a professional way. You will need to be tricky to handle it.

itermathi

Complete Stranger
Feb 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Honestly i would tell him what's his deal, i know the best option could be ignoring, but maybe if you talk about it you might give a momentary lapse of reason to that person. Remember: "uncomfortable conversations creates healthy relationships"

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
Envy and jealousy is as valid as any other human emotions. We can't say that it's childish or immature to feel jealous. We all have been there and can't deny it. It's a strong human emotion and it's quite normal and natural to feel it. The maturity is to be able to manage it and deal it with well. As long as you don't sense anything harming you because of your coworker's jealousy, you are safe to go. You can just ignore and move on.. But if you see red flags and warning signs that might hamper you, you have to tackle it in a professional way. You will need to be tricky to handle it.
You have a valid point
Also, we need to try to maintain our lane so that we will not cause some issues.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.200
You have a valid point
Also, we need to try to maintain our lane so that we will not cause some issues.
That's very important. We can not control other's emotions or the way he/she handles it. But definitely when it comes to us, we are in charge of our behaviour and emotions management. At no point we should get unprofessional in a workplace. And also it's good to be on track with professional needs and not get into any personal conflict at workplace.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
That's very important. We can not control other's emotions or the way he/she handles it. But definitely when it comes to us, we are in charge of our behaviour and emotions management. At no point we should get unprofessional in a workplace. And also it's good to be on track with professional needs and not get into any personal conflict at workplace.
People should respect themselves at their workplace instead of causing issues that is not necessary

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Just keep on doing your duties with so much grace and swagger. Let the person keep on being envious as far as you are sure you have not offended the person in any way.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.790
it is to ignore the person but if not then try to get close to the person and find out why the person envy me and resolve it with the person

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is to ignore the person but if not then try to get close to the person and find out why the person envy me and resolve it with the person
tte truth is that it will be very hard for you to settle an issue with an envious person. No matter what you try to do, they will continue to be envious of you. so it is best to ignore and focus on your work.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
It's a good thing you have been able to discover that you have someone who is envious of you. This would help you control the amount of information you give them access to and how you do things for them to see.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.335
Dealing with such a colleague in the workplace is very dangerous I must say. If it were me I would request for a transfer to another department on the workplace so that I can get rid of them.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me, I would be very wary of such a staff as he or she has the capability of bringing you down in one twist. Don't give them a reason for their schemings against you to work by being at your best the time.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Dealing with such a colleague in the workplace is very dangerous I must say. If it were me I would request for a transfer to another department on the workplace so that I can get rid of them.
Probably, it's always good to avoid such people in the workplace. They're also always bring bad energy and may not be able to put in your best at work.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.200
I totally agree there. They do bring a negative energy to the workplace and that can be weighing and pulling you down. It reduces your efficiency too. If possible getting transferred to other department is a good idea.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$10.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
Envy is like a disease and it also kills.There are also colleagues of mine envious and I understand their feelings. I just smiled at them but ignored their actuations. They better work hard to buy the things the source of their envy.

Back