How do bonds work? What are the types of bonds available for investment?

You

Notable
May 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.008
At its core, a bond is a debt security that functions like an IOU. When an investor purchases a bond, they are essentially lending money to the issuer (usually a government entity or a corporation). In return, the issuer agrees to pay regular interest payments (coupons) to the bondholder over a predetermined period. At the end of this period, known as the maturity date, the issuer repays the bondholder the principal amount initially invested.
There are five kinds of bonds which are mention below;

Government Bonds:
  • Treasury Bonds
  • Municipal Bonds
Corporate Bonds:
  • Investment-Grade Bonds
  • High-Yield Bonds
International Bonds:
  • Sovereign Bonds
  • Foreign Corporate Bonds
  • Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS)
Zero-Coupon Bonds

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.643
I thought there was something like government bonds before, am not sure though but i believe i must have seen or heard that before some where. Do lots of people invest in this these days?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
At its core, a bond is a debt security that functions like an IOU. When an investor purchases a bond, they are essentially lending money to the issuer (usually a government entity or a corporation). In return, the issuer agrees to pay regular interest payments (coupons) to the bondholder over a predetermined period. At the end of this period, known as the maturity date, the issuer repays the bondholder the principal amount initially invested.
There are five kinds of bonds which are mention below;

Government Bonds:
  • Treasury Bonds
  • Municipal Bonds
Corporate Bonds:
  • Investment-Grade Bonds
  • High-Yield Bonds
International Bonds:
  • Sovereign Bonds
  • Foreign Corporate Bonds
  • Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS)
Zero-Coupon Bonds

Well, I do not know anything about Bonds or even high yield bonds but I really dislike anything that has to do with high yield because they are always very risky and I'm not ready to take that risk

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.178
Bonds are just like certificate of deposit. You get your principal amount along with interest after maturity. Types of bonds available is specific to each country.

Rubz

Notable
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Bonds are debt securities issued by borrowers to raise capital for investment. The different types of bonds available for investment includes; government bonds, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, convertible bonds, high yield bonds.

Back