How do you deal with fear of your boss?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Even though it's very natural as a fresh graduate or as a new employee in a company we have a fear of superiors, but if it drags on or takes too long it will interfere with your performance or at least you will always be uncomfortable when in the office, and work there is a sense of afraid of superiors. Fear will often arise when entering a new company because there is a feeling of not being able to meet the expectations of what is expected in a new company environment. In addition, there are several leadership styles from superiors that give fear to all employees, such as a rigid attitude, irritability, etc.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.760
Such a boss that commands fear would not succeed in that business. That is because staff would naturally find a way to outwit him. There is a difference between being strict and being autocratic.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Fear of boss is something very real, usually people face this fear, being a sales person I passed through extreme fear because my boss was suddenly come in field work and join me with my work.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.760
If you are sure you are doing the right thing, there is no need for you to be scared of your boss. I would only be scared in that situation if I am not getting something right.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I had felt that, I was afraid of my boss in the early days when I worked. That's because I rarely interact with the boss. After all this time, I often interacted with my feelings of fear, which automatically disappeared, changing into a feeling that I was needed there. So that I dare to fight any unpleasant actions from my boss.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
I have mixed feelings when my boss calls me for some explanations of the unknowns. How I like not to come but I have to face my boss squarely and explained the matters that confused her. Then after that, we became friends.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I have mixed feelings when my boss calls me for some explanations of the unknowns. How I like not to come but I have to face my boss squarely and explained the matters that confused her. Then after that, we became friends.
I also experienced the same thing when I was doing an internship, my boss called me to come to his special room. I had mixed feelings, afraid of being scolded. In fact, I was only ordered to deliver documents to other departments.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Companies that have poor workplace cultures are bound to inspire fear in their members of staff.
Such situations may force a new employee to take the decision of resigning in a bid to save the self from emotional and psychological harm.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$5.403
I remember back then we use to be scared of our boss. He tends to find fault and most times he makes you make some mistakes where you would have to pay for the damaged goods.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
I don't like to work with any boss thay just want to instill fear into another just to look fearful. I would not even be productive. So it's a Ni for me
They're terrifying. It's impact is disastrous for an employee may suffer emotionally l and psychologically. No one likes to retain to become a regular because of constant fear. There's no peace and harmony in the work system.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
That's funny but you got the reason why afraid because you don't know your mistake. That was what I also felt when my attention was called. I was so hesitant at first.
I don't know why I'm scared. More precisely because I was very reluctant, the boss was the most authoritative man in the company. At that time I was still in a vocational school, so there was an internship assignment there. Of the many students I was the only one called, that's why I was afraid I thought I'd made a mistake. :D

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
That's a usual feeling being an intern. That was the same feeling of me when my attention was needed by our college Dean. I was only asked about something, that was about the admirer of her sister.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Even though it's very natural as a fresh graduate or as a new employee in a company we have a fear of superiors, but if it drags on or takes too long it will interfere with your performance or at least you will always be uncomfortable when in the office, and work there is a sense of afraid of superiors. Fear will often arise when entering a new company because there is a feeling of not being able to meet the expectations of what is expected in a new company environment. In addition, there are several leadership styles from superiors that give fear to all employees, such as a rigid attitude, irritability, etc.

If I am doing everything right when it comes to carrying out my job, I don't see any reason why I should be afraid of my boss or even supervisors at any point in time.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
If I am doing everything right when it comes to carrying out my job, I don't see any reason why I should be afraid of my boss or even supervisors at any point in time.
It means that you are mentally strong and confident, so you can overcome your fears when entering a new office, and you will be able to adapt quickly to the work environment.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I don't like to work with any boss thay just want to instill fear into another just to look fearful. I would not even be productive. So it's a Ni for me
I am also like you, I don't like to work with any boss. I prefer to work alone, or work online as freelance, like being active on a PTP site where the owner is friendly. So I can work comfortably there.

Last edited:

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Of course, it's not only you who don't like working with bosses who always make their employees afraid, but everyone including me, although I think that's normal because it's the first time we meet a boss and enter a new work environment, but fear shouldn't last more than three days.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
I think fear of boss happens when you just join a new company. It takes time to understand the management style of a boss. Once you get to know your boss and his/her expectations of your performance, just work hard and try your best. There's no need to be afraid of the boss. If s(he) is a bad tempered or unreasonable person, I'll look for other opportunities.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
I don't know how this works but I have never been scared of any boss. Why do I need to be scared of a human like me? No matter how tough they may be, I have always had my confidence and I don't allow myself to lose it.

Back