How do you deal with fear of your boss?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$5.403
If I am doing everything right when it comes to carrying out my job, I don't see any reason why I should be afraid of my boss or even supervisors at any point in time.
That's pretty much true, you can only be scared when you are doing something wrong or when you are not putting in your best in the business. Like i remember back then when i was still learning, i was always worried when my boss was around but later on it did not bother me.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
All the bosses I have worked under happen to be elderly people and I don't fear them but I respect them totally. It is that respect that would make me want to put in my best behavior when he is around to show that I have regards for him.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.485
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that companies that have poor workplace cultures want to cover up their inefficiencies with instilling fear in their members of staff. This may force employees not to voice out their pains

Gicel

Somewhat Known
Jun 21, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The best way to overcome your fear of your boss is to build a closer relationship with him or her. And I think you have nothing to fear about unless your not doing your responsibilities well.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
The fear of the boss happens if we are guilty. Our mind runs in many directions, afraid to be advised to resign, afraid to be insulted afraid to be bullied and formost, afraid if you cannot withstand and fight back.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.910
I believe that companies that have poor workplace cultures want to cover up their inefficiencies with instilling fear in their members of staff. This may force employees not to voice out their pains
That is so true. They use the fear factor to keep the employees from speaking out against the poor working environment and welfare but that in itself does not make any sense. That is because sooner or later, that fear factor would be broken.

Tracee1

Unfamiliar
Dec 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.260
Even though it's very natural as a fresh graduate or as a new employee in a company we have a fear of superiors, but if it drags on or takes too long it will interfere with your performance or at least you will always be uncomfortable when in the office, and work there is a sense of afraid of superiors. Fear will often arise when entering a new company because there is a feeling of not being able to meet the expectations of what is expected in a new company environment. In addition, there are several leadership styles from superiors that give fear to all employees, such as a rigid attitude, irritability, etc.
Naturally there is a little nervousness that occurs when you are with your boss especially at the beginning of that person working but it is expected that along the line they get used to it not totally though cause there is always that pressure to do well in the present of said boss, but fear is a whole another level something must be up.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Naturally there is a little nervousness that occurs when you are with your boss especially at the beginning of that person working but it is expected that along the line they get used to it not totally though cause there is always that pressure to do well in the present of said boss, but fear is a whole another level something must be up.
I agree with you that fear at the start of work may be natural, but we must get rid of it immediately, because it will interfere with our performance, so we must realize that our expertise is really needed by the company, which means we have more value, communicating with superiors might be able to reduce fear.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even though it's very natural as a fresh graduate or as a new employee in a company we have a fear of superiors, but if it drags on or takes too long it will interfere with your performance or at least you will always be uncomfortable when in the office, and work there is a sense of afraid of superiors. Fear will often arise when entering a new company because there is a feeling of not being able to meet the expectations of what is expected in a new company environment. In addition, there are several leadership styles from superiors that give fear to all employees, such as a rigid attitude, irritability, etc.
Well, when you get to meet a boss that possess these characters , I think you just have to take a little of your time to study such person wants and what he dislikes, this way you will be able to carry out your assignment effectively

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Well, when you get to meet a boss that possess these characters , I think you just have to take a little of your time to study such person wants and what he dislikes, this way you will be able to carry out your assignment effectively
Yes, you are right, we as employees must know the character of the boss, and after we can communicate with the boss we will know what the real boss's character and character is, whether he is a stiff and closed or open type of person, so that the next day we work can be more comfortable.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Fear and anxiety is normal when starting in a new company. But it shouldn't be too much that it interferes with your work or lasts too long. I think you should begin by viewing your boss with a rational mindset that they are just human beings.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.485
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some bosses use fear as a weapon to keep the employees from speaking out against the poor working environment and welfare. So one need to know this and avoid being afraid

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
Personally I have never been afraid of any boss I have had, sometimes I have not understood quite well with some, but fear never, in most cases I have gotten along with them.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.485
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I don't think it is best to be afraid of any boss It is the best to only respect them.as they deserve it. Just do your best te get along with them.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, you are right, we as employees must know the character of the boss, and after we can communicate with the boss we will know what the real boss's character and character is, whether he is a stiff and closed or open type of person, so that the next day we work can be more comfortable.
Yeah ,knowing this will help us avoid some unpleasant situations that could be caused by us and that's the best because people are different with their own character and how they relate with other people.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.485
Raw Dex
$0.000
Another is to do only what you feel wouldn't be unpleasant to the boss. Some bosses react negatively too when they are pissed. You need to avoid such actions to promote peace

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Yeah ,knowing this will help us avoid some unpleasant situations that could be caused by us and that's the best because people are different with their own character and how they relate with other people.
Yes, everyone has a different character, so we need to know the character of the boss, to make it easier for us to communicate, also eliminate excessive fear, the most important thing is that we also have to show enthusiasm for work.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.485
Raw Dex
$0.000
Exactly, my point we need to show enthusiasm for work. As this is the most important thing why we at the workplace In the first place. You need to do your assigned job perfectly well.

Back