How do you generally approach a coworker if you don't like their idea?

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I like to approach this carefully because people feel underrated most times when you counter their ideas. It helps to give a compliment first, state the strong points of their idea before stating why you think it won't work.

It will also help the organization if everyone is made aware that either way, their inputs are valuable.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Even if you don't like the ideas of your co-workers, it's not certain that their ideas are bad and can't be implemented, so before you judge an idea, it's not from likes or dislikes, but from the ability to work on that idea, so you have to review it, maybe their ideas are better. better than our idea
Your business is your own and it's all up to your staff to work with the instructions given to them. If they don't like it, there's nothing they can do about it. Just be true to your business, they will have to follow.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.400
Raw Dex
$0.033
it is still to discuss with them though better done privately because some people might find it offensive to always want to do things their own way but it doesn't work that way

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.130
I would go to meet the coworker on his or her seat and discuss with such a worker politely why I think a different approach is better. I won't seek to convince the colleague but to present the facts to my colleague.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.400
Raw Dex
$0.033
it's to convince the worker politely why you think a different idea should be adopted. it is better to be friendly than going all macho with the person at this point

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is all about dialogue. You have to dialogue with the person privately and state your strong reasons. Don't make a mistake of trying to approach the person in public unless it would raise flames.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
it is still to discuss with them though better done privately because some people might find it offensive to always want to do things their own way but it doesn't work that way
Personally if it is something that is not even going to have any positive impact on the job generally, I will not even bother about discussing it with the person.

Back