How do you handle workers who refuse to work

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.493
In most business organizations or companies there are does set of workers who do not mind working, they are always ready to play their part, just to make sure they produce results. Then there are does who do not like working, they alway have a reason why they can't do it or can't complete the task given to them. How would you handle such workers?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
It doesn't sound right. How can one be a worker and refuses to work. In other words, it means that you don't have a staff. You don't even need to think this twice. Give such a Staff the sack.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.065
Raw Dex
$2.700
If my subordinate is like this, I will surely report him or her to the HR Department. He or she will face a case insubordinate for refusing to do his or her jobs at work. The top management will not let this pass through and ignore the issue.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.380
Raw Dex
$0.005
For workers refusing to work without a valid reason, I would give him/her a warning. If there is no improvement, I would fire him/her. Having such workers in a company would affect the morale and performance of the company.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If the worker doesn't want to work then let him leave the work premises soonest. These kind of workers are not needed in the workplace so let them go.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In most business organizations or companies there are does set of workers who do not mind working, they are always ready to play their part, just to make sure they produce results. Then there are does who do not like working, they alway have a reason why they can't do it or can't complete the task given to them. How would you handle such workers?
Why should a worker refuse to work should be the first question, a worker that refuse to work shouldn't be there in the first place, a workplace isn't a place for gist and story telling , such worker need to be queried and left to make amendment.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.503
Why should a worker refuse to work should be the first question, a worker that refuse to work shouldn't be there in the first place, a workplace isn't a place for gist and story telling , such worker need to be queried and left to make amendment.
And if the expected amendment is not seen within a short period of time, the worker should be dismissed so that someone who is ready to work can be brought it. It is an act of wickedness for a staff to refuse to work except in special conditions.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$3.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a normal case in any industry. Being in a production unit I always face such workers and make them give desired results we have to motivate them and sometimes have to threaten them for terminating them from the job.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Some people in the company that I am with are feeeling privileged of the work from home set up. There were a couple of them who were asked to back working on site but they refused to. One resigned and the other asked to stay as WAH.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.503
It is a normal case in any industry. Being in a production unit I always face such workers and make them give desired results we have to motivate them and sometimes have to threaten them for terminating them from the job.
I have a short fuse for acts of negligence. I would not threaten alone, I would go ahead to fire such a staff if he or she refuses to change. The business owner is making losses paying a staff who refuses to work.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
And if the expected amendment is not seen within a short period of time, the worker should be dismissed so that someone who is ready to work can be brought it. It is an act of wickedness for a staff to refuse to work except in special conditions.
Yeah , it will cause more harm to the organization when a worker refused to do his or her job , and that's why there is need for every organization to have a supervising staff who makes sure everyone does their work the way it should be.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.503
The company would be at a complete loss with this kind of staff and any staff that intentionally makes an organization to lose is not worth working in that organization and should be shown the exit door.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If there are workers who refuse to work and if you have the authority to sanction them, I believe that it is the right thing for you to do in order to put them in line.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
The best thing to do is giving them a query and firing them if they do not make any change because the company will be lagging behind because of their laziness and it will affect the workers

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$3.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's hard to deal with such workers, so we ask our HR team to intervene in such cases because they are good at it. There are lots of workers who won't say it but they don't work with their maximum efficiency and finding them out is not an easy task.

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think i will ask what the reason for not working is, then i hand them up to the human resource person to handle the issue after that there is no improvement, i will lay him/her off.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.350
The main point of hiring someone is to make them work for you and you pay them for the work they do. If workers do not work, what's the point of having them? I will fire

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It's hard to deal with such workers, so we ask our HR team to intervene in such cases because they are good at it. There are lots of workers who won't say it but they don't work with their maximum efficiency and finding them out is not an easy task.
This is why it is always good to have the HR department in every workplace so that they can solve situations like this and they will even do it perfectly well

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$3.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is where there is the role of HR. They are skilled in dealing with such situations. We face such issues daily as we have approximately 1500 workers in our manufacturing unit.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
How could a worker refuse to work when he or she is paid? It is easy to handle by firing that worker. Lazy people do not deserve to get paid. They are useless.

Back