How do you measure Rice for retail sales in your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.033
Rice is a staple food for many people around the world. In my country, it is almost like every family must eat rice at least once in two days.

Not surprisingly though, most consumers of rice can't even afford to buy the commodity in bags as it is packed. They are left to buy it in retail quantities probably everyday to eat.

In my country, the smallest retail unit for buying rice is in small cups. So one can buy one cup, two cups and as much and as little as he or she can afford.

How do they retail rice in your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.033
How does the litter look like? Is it that big? Can a litter of rice feed a family of 5 conveniently? If not, how many litters of rice can conveniently feed a family of 5 adults to full satisfaction?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.550
How does the litter look like? Is it that big? Can a litter of rice feed a family of 5 conveniently? If not, how many litters of rice can conveniently feed a family of 5 adults to full satisfaction?
We retail rice in different measurements. There is what we call a Mudu. It is a large circular container that can contain about a quarter of 5kg of rice. Cups are alps popular too.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.360
Rice like most other commodities is sold in kilos, though the price of different varieties of rice which are available for sale will differ. Those who consume more rice purchase larger packs of 5 kg.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
In my country, rice is sold in one sack, by half sack, by 10 kilos in a sack, by 5 kilos in a sack. But those who cannot afford by sack can opt to buy 1 kilo. There is no selling of by cup here. People here consume rice thrice a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. At home, I am responsible to buy rice, two eaters only, half sack or 25 kilos good for one month's consumption.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.393
In my country, rice is sold in one sack, by half sack, by 10 kilos in a sack, by 5 kilos in a sack. But those who cannot afford by sack can opt to buy 1 kilo. There is no selling of by cup here. People here consume rice thrice a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. At home, I am responsible to buy rice, two eaters only, half sack or 25 kilos good for one month's consumption.
These are incredible units of measurement. But it seems there are very large even though I might not know the quantities. But can the average man in the country afford to buy this units per time?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
1 liter of rice equals about 0.753 kilograms, can feed 3 adults a day. It depends on how much they eat and how many times they eat in a day. We usually cook 1 liter of rice for 2 or 3 meals a day for 3 adults.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The smallest quantity of rice that is sold in retail business establishments is a quarter of a kilogram. I think businesses have set this as the smallest quantity owing to the fact that, if they go lower, it would be difficult to handle the small amounts of money that would need to be exchanged for smaller quantities.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.776
Raw Dex
$0.124
I'm in the same country with you. So yeah rice is measure in small cups especially for the averagely buying person but you can also buy in bags if you have the money

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.033
The smallest quantity of rice that is sold in retail business establishments is a quarter of a kilogram. I think businesses have set this as the smallest quantity owing to the fact that, if they go lower, it would be difficult to handle the small amounts of money that would need to be exchanged for smaller quantities.
I get this analogy where the sellers would need to find change of smaller denominations.
I'm in the same country with you. So yeah rice is measure in small cups especially for the averagely buying person but you can also buy in bags if you have the money
I love the fact that we can buy rice in small cups. It has made the product available for the very poor people.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
Over here we usually use cups as well. Does small empty tin milk cups. Then for larger quantity we use basket, not real basket Though but small custard buckets .

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.690
In my country we normally use the weighing scale to make very affordable denomination for the sugar and the cereals. The Lowest quantity that they can measure is 1/8 of a kilo onwards.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.393
Over here we usually use cups as well. Does small empty tin milk cups. Then for larger quantity we use basket, not real basket Though but small custard buckets .
We also use the small tin milk container kind of cups as the smallest unit for measuring rice to sell. I don't even like buying in cups because it is like doing so is always a waste of money. The lowest I can buy is a quarter bag.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.776
Raw Dex
$0.124
Using empty tin milk cups would have been too small for me Yesh you can also buy inn small custard buckets here according to your pocket and how long you would eating it

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.393
There are people though that just buy just one or two of those milk tins because that is what they can afford to eat at the material time. That is the benefit of retailing it to that level.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
These are incredible units of measurement. But it seems there are very large even though I might not know the quantities. But can the average man in the country afford to buy this units per time?
Rice here is not expensive. The government provided the people rice from government production and sold at $.02 cents a kilo. The national seller is the NATIONAL FOOD AUTHORITY (NFA). But others buy from private sellers like me. I buy imported rice YOUNG CHOU from Vietnam. It's a sticky yummy rice. šŸ˜ Half sack of it is cheap only $26.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.393
Rice here is not expensive. The government provided the people rice from government production and sold at $.02 cents a kilo. The national seller is the NATIONAL FOOD AUTHORITY (NFA). But others buy from private sellers like me. I buy imported rice YOUNG CHOU from Vietnam. It's a sticky yummy rice. šŸ˜ Half sack of it is cheap only $26.
In my country, rice is gold and the way it is going, rice is slowly becoming a luxury. That is mainly because local production of rice is very low. Barely enough to meet 10% of nation consumption. We entirely almost depend on imported rice.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.453
Your government must help its people. Our local rice here includes red rice , brown rice, valencia rice. There are almost 30 kinds of rice variety in the Philippines. There are many rice and corn fields here.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
In my country, rice is also the staple food for everyone, including me, who also eat rice. Incidentally my parents sell rice even though they don't sell rice in retail, so I understand whether the quality of rice is good or not. In general, people buy rice in liters using 1 liter cans, some sell rice per kilo, usually packaged in 2 kg and 5 kg sizes.

Back