How do you measure Rice for retail sales in your country?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I agree with you , our government herev must help its people to do better in terms of food supply. it is not funny at all as both common staple food like garri and rice is becoming a luxury

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Your government must help its people. Our local rice here includes red rice , brown rice, valencia rice. There are almost 30 kinds of rice variety in the Philippines. There are many rice and corn fields here.
I don't know if I should put the responsibility for this solely on the government but I think they and the citizenry have a role to play. Citizens in my country would not love to go to the fields and plant rice seeing it as a dirty job.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I think this happens too when we look down at farmers. The youths would see this too as jobs that are not worth it. I think we need to change our mindset too

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
I don't know if I should put the responsibility for this solely on the government but I think they and the citizenry have a role to play. Citizens in my country would not love to go to the fields and plant rice seeing it as a dirty job.
Farmers here are hybrid farmers. They're using technical tools on farming and mostly irrigated.Farmers used tractors and others to make harming easy. Those on dry land plantation it's for their consumption. Farmers here are wealthy. They sell their products by bulk to whole sellers and retailers.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Farmers here are hybrid farmers. They're using technical tools on farming and mostly irrigated.Farmers used tractors and others to make harming easy. Those on dry land plantation it's for their consumption. Farmers here are wealthy. They sell their products by bulk to whole sellers and retailers.
I think it is at this point that the government comes in. Subsidizing inputs for farmers. But I can't even fault them as they have tried lately by providing improved seeds to farmers. But the youths in my country won't just want to farm.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
I think it is at this point that the government comes in. Subsidizing inputs for farmers. But I can't even fault them as they have tried lately by providing improved seeds to farmers. But the youths in my country won't just want to farm.
Youths here don't farm too. They're in school only their parents with laborers who are mature people. Young people are lazy and easily exploited and influenced by peer. They need parental guidance.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Yesh the youths here just want white and blue collar jobs. I think this has to do with our mindset not necessarily about the job but our thought on this job

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
In my country there are many rich rice field owners (not daily laborers in the fields). although the appearance of their clothes is simple and often shabby, they are very rich, have large houses, nice cars. When compared to office employees with shiny shoes, neat clothes and ties, but the income is very far from the rice field owners.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Youths here don't farm too. They're in school only their parents with laborers who are mature people. Young people are lazy and easily exploited and influenced by peer. They need parental guidance.
But in a country where about 70% of the youth population are graduates but are unemployed, I think farming a crop like rice would have been a viable business that can lift one out of poverty.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
That's the truth, sometimes I attributes all of these to the way we think and operate. Some people prefer to wear the shiny shoes to earn peanut thah getting dirty to make good money

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
In my country there are many rich rice field owners (not daily laborers in the fields). although the appearance of their clothes is simple and often shabby, they are very rich, have large houses, nice cars. When compared to office employees with shiny shoes, neat clothes and ties, but the income is very far from the rice field owners.
In my country farmers are very rich. They have nice cars, mansions and their children are sent to private elite schools.But there are also poor farmers, tenants of the rich. My father was a military official at the same time farming. We have 10 hectares coconut farm

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The way rice is retailed in my country is the same way it is retailed in another country. The smallest size you could get are sold in cups. Then the more you can afford, the bigger sizes you could get. Rice is a commodity that is saleable in any location you might have your shop.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Rice is a staple food for many people around the world. In my country, it is almost like every family must eat rice at least once in two days.

Not surprisingly though, most consumers of rice can't even afford to buy the commodity in bags as it is packed. They are left to buy it in retail quantities probably everyday to eat.

In my country, the smallest retail unit for buying rice is in small cups. So one can buy one cup, two cups and as much and as little as he or she can afford.

How do they retail rice in your country?

There are different kind of bowel sizes or cups that they usually make use of to sell rise in retail prices in most markets in my locality.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
A typical farmer in my country is regarded as a second class citizen. I don't even know how we started to build that kind of mentality. 10 hectares of coconut is a multi millionaire anywhere in the world.
In my country farmers are very rich. They have nice cars, mansions and their children are sent to private elite schools.But there are also poor farmers, tenants of the rich. My father was a military official at the same time farming. We have 10 hectares coconut farm

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
A typical farmer in my country is regarded as a second class citizen. I don't even know how we started to build that kind of mentality. 10 hectares of coconut is a multi millionaire anywhere in the world.
Thank you but it's already subdivided. I inherited 1 hectare and it's rented by a big time coco farmer. I consider the rent my passive income. It is rented annually but with also one condition that the rent increase once in every 5 years.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This Is to show the conservative attitude people had towards agriculture. It was believed to be a primitive occupation until recent trends when people realize the potential in agriculture.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Thank you but it's already subdivided. I inherited 1 hectare and it's rented by a big time coco farmer. I consider the rent my passive income. It is rented annually but with also one condition that the rent increase once in every 5 years.
Be that as it may, I am impressed by the sophistication with which people take farming in your country. I genuinely wish we can be food independent in my country, some of the problems would have been largely solved.

Back