How much details should be exchanged during a negotiation?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In negotiating, we need to know which pertinent information should be shared. It should not stray away from the main goals as much as possible. We cannot close deals when we are not prepared and do not know the products or services that are to be offered to a new partner or client. It is how you can make things possible.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
During negotiating, i do not think it would be best or smart to play all your cards, while there are certain information you can share but not everything. Certain things needs to be kept to yourself.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
During negotiating, i do not think it would be best or smart to play all your cards, while there are certain information you can share but not everything. Certain things needs to be kept to yourself.
Secrecy is not a bad thing in business. Why do we need to give all the way? We need to have something that we can reveal if it is needed. It is a way of showing our skills in managing the business with others.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't believe that it is smart to say too much during negotiation because the deal hasn't been striked and there is a risk of not getting it would not be good for the other person to know too much

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is important to know which information to release in a negotiation process and when to release such information. You don't have to release company financial details all in a negotiation.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
You don't bare out sensitive information about your company when negotiating and you also don't leak out financial details of the organization you are working for.

This is something that I equally agree with as well because you don't have to give out information that is going to put you in a bad position in the negotiation.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
In negotiating, we need to know which pertinent information should be shared. It should not stray away from the main goals as much as possible. We cannot close deals when we are not prepared and do not know the products or services that are to be offered to a new partner or client. It is how you can make things possible.
Some people are not careful about the kind of information's that they give to people whenever they want to negotiate over one thing or the other and they mostly do that because they want to take profit but forget that they have revealed crucial information

Back