How much is a crate of egg in your country?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I bought a crate of egg last week for NGN2400 in my country. And that is about $4 when converted to dollars. I think it is still high compared to before

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is something that was sold for just a little above a dollar not up to one year ago. To afford protein in meals now is very difficult in this inflation riddled economy.
I bought a crate of egg last week for NGN2400 in my country. And that is about $4 when converted to dollars. I think it is still high compared to before

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.100
It's very curious how certain kind of food, considered poor man's food until decades ago (like eggs and rice, for ex.) now turned shamefully expensive. In my country, considered the minimum salary of 1320 reais, the egg crate price I posted last week, is the price of golden eggs. My mother had told me, during her age, poor people kept on purchasing eggs because they couldn't afford meat and fish. And in Asian countries, the main food poor people kept on purchasing was rice. Now, a very close friend of mine from the Philippines told me she can't purchase rice because it's shamefully expensive. What a shame, this after covid-19 inflation.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is the reality of the world now. People basically work nowadays just to eat and it is not a pleasing situation. You carry am amount of money that was reasonably considered huge money to the market and it can't even buy anything substantial.
It's very curious how certain kind of food, considered poor man's food until decades ago (like eggs and rice, for ex.) now turned shamefully expensive. In my country, considered the minimum salary of 1320 reais, the egg crate price I posted last week, is the price of golden eggs. My mother had told me, during her age, poor people kept on purchasing eggs because they couldn't afford meat and fish. And in Asian countries, the main food poor people kept on purchasing was rice. Now, a very close friend of mine from the Philippines told me she can't purchase rice because it's shamefully expensive. What a shame, this after covid-19 inflation.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It seems that eggs are very expensive across the world. But it is not supposed to be so. I would buy five commercial layers and keep them at home to be producing eggs for me.

This is the reason why a lot of people are going into poultry farming today so that they will have access to getting a lot of eggs from their own farm without having to pay for the expensive cost in the market.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
If you compare the prices quoted in other posts up there, you would realize that it is not really expensive in our country. The cost of living is relatively low in Nigeria.
I highly doubt that though, back then a single egg was sold for thirty naira, then with time it was increased to forty, like that the price kept increasing. At the moment a single egg is hundred naira and some stores sell it 120, the cost of living is going high in Nigeria.

Back