How often do you experienced rent increment?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Rent increment is a persistence phenomenon experienced by tenants. It is common for some landlords to increase their rents annually. While some increase their own at the renewal of tenancy.
Rent increment has caused lots of havoc to the mutual relationships between the tenants and their landlords and this has led to series of litigation in the court rooms.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
Yeah It is common for some landlords to increase their rents annually. but seme do theirs in a very annoying way you just be having renewal every other year. it can be very annoying

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Since I own my apartment, I do not need to pay any rent. In most cases, landlords here increase the rent once every two or three years, depending on the terms of the tenancy agreement.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Landlords do increase rents when they see that inflation cost is high. You won't blame them in some cases because rents is their means of livelihood. If they increase to what I can't afford, I move to another apartment.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
Landlords do increase rents when they see that inflation cost is high. You won't blame them in some cases because rents is their means of livelihood. If they increase to what I can't afford, I move to another apartment.
It is true and that is how the landlord increased rent which is a very unpleasant sometimes and it makes life unbearable for people

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Most landlords increase the rent based I the general economic reality of the time. And that is done most times yearly. There has been a 20% increase on my rent this year from last year. That's what we tenants face.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.101
It is usually per year. In my case, the landlord does not increase it so far. It is because we did not sign a contract that we should be in such a situation.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is something that varies from one house owner to another because there is no specific time they usually increase rent but according to the discretion of the house owner.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
Sincerely speaking we do experience rent increaments in every year mostly here in my country. However most landlords have become very greedy as majority of them would increase the rents without even making renovations.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
In my property, I implement a rent increment every two years. That is because I am considerate enough not to bombard my tenants with rent increments every year. Some people. Ale it a culture to increase rent every year.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
It's not surprising to me, when I live in a boarding house, the rent costs will always go up every year, and in general the boarding house owners also increase the rent rate for new residents, as well as when I rent a business property every year they will increase the rent rate, so reduce profit margins.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Increasing rents because of high rate of inflation in the country is not a genuine cause at all. Inflation would never come down. Does that meant that landlords must be increasing their rents exorbitantly because of this?. Landlords should remember that they are not the only persons affected by the high cost of living. Tenants are equally affected. Landlords should not transfer their economic burdens on their tenants.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
The rent increased only takes effect basing from the contents of the Memorandum of Agreement.Usually rent increases after 5 years. I'm basing this in the renter of my property that I inherited. from my my parents. I do not know in your case.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my property, I implement a rent increment every two years. That is because I am considerate enough not to bombard my tenants with rent increments every year. Some people. Ale it a culture to increase rent every year.

Personally I believe that it is too early for landlords to increase their rent every two years because they don't give their tenants time to actually grow on their own financial status..

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
In my country the landlords take advantage of the inflation to increase the rent for houses. This is not even fair because the real estate business is not as badly affected by the inflation as other businesses in fact.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Personally I believe that it is too early for landlords to increase their rent every two years because they don't give their tenants time to actually grow on their own financial status..
The truth is that you won't blame landlords when they decide to increase their rents because the cost of everything is increasing almost on a weekly basis. They are operating on the same economy with everyone else.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
I think they are not supposed to increase the house rents for like three times in a year. This is because they accomplished the building processes and all the logistics long gone time where the inflation rates were very low.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think they are not supposed to increase the house rents for like three times in a year. This is because they accomplished the building processes and all the logistics long gone time where the inflation rates were very low.
It is wrong to increase rents either twice or thrice in a year. Rent is allowed to be increased annually.
In some States in Nigeria, there are rents edicts promulgated by law which is meant to prevent arbitrary increase of rents. The law is there to protect the interest of both the tenants and their landlords.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
A rental agreement should be well drafted in the presence and with the consent of both tenants and landlords. Such things are clearly mentioned there. People should make sure that they have a legal rental agreement to avoid any kind of conflict and ugly situation in the future.

Back