How popular is thrift shop business in your country?

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
My current country (especially my city) looks like the thrift shop land. At every corner of the streets in my city, it often appears a new thrift shop. Maybe it's the easiest and quickest way to get rid of unemployment, as covid-19 caused the loss of job of too many people. I also ended up opening my personal door-to-door thrift shop, in the beginning of this year. As in my city is too hard to get new students and in addition, I lost most of them (parents involved in debts cannot pay me anymore, adult students that lost their job, lack of interest to learn new skills, typical of my geographic area, etc.), so I was in search of a new source of earnings. As during my moving to Latin America I still had enough clothes and items of my grandmother, my parents and donations from my mother's friend, I still have enough to sell (what in my country was impossible). My small business VAT lets me open until 16 different activities, so I chose to add this one to my main teaching activity. I choose the door-to-door option so no expenses of a rented space and no bills. What about thrift shops in your countries?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Since before covid, there have been many thrift shop businesses in my country, maybe also in other countries, because thrift shops don't have market prices, so sellers can sell at higher prices and get more profit, especially if the condition of the goods is still good, at least above 80 %.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Since before covid, there have been many thrift shop businesses in my country, maybe also in other countries, because thrift shops don't have market prices, so sellers can sell at higher prices and get more profit, especially if the condition of the goods is still good, at least above 80 %.
That's right, usually it is branded goods that are sold, or used goods that are imported from other countries. There are many fans, but I'm not one of them. LOL I prefer new stuff, it doesn't have to be a well-known brand, the important thing is that it's of good quality and I'm comfortable wearing it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Even before the covid period, this business has been very popular, a lot of persons are going into it cause it is one business you can start up without really spending much.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even before the covid period, this business has been very popular, a lot of persons are going into it cause it is one business you can start up without really spending much.

But we have to be good at reading fashion trends that are in great demand by many people. Because fashion trends develop very quickly, even though old fashion trends may come back viral a few years later. If it's not viral, it will be less attractive to many people, so sales will be less and goods can stagnate.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
But we have to be good at reading fashion trends that are in great demand by many people. Because fashion trends develop very quickly, even though old fashion trends may come back viral a few years later. If it's not viral, it will be less attractive to many people, so sales will be less and goods can stagnate.

There are many fashion designers and they actively work with many people who are already in the industry.; This helps them to understand the latest trends in the industry and manage things.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many fashion designers and they actively work with many people who are already in the industry.; This helps them to understand the latest trends in the industry and manage things.

Yes, that's right, it could be a solution in the clothing/fashion industry. But for retail clothing traders, of course, they usually don't use their services, so they have to be observant in reading trends.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, that's right, it could be a solution in the clothing/fashion industry. But for retail clothing traders, of course, they usually don't use their services, so they have to be observant in reading trends.

I believe that there are many retailers in the market and they may also need to keep themselves updated with the latest trends as this is also very important thing for them as well. What do you think?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
This business has been very lucrative, profitable and popular, here in Nigeria. a lot of persons are going into it cause you start it with small money and then grow it

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that there are many retailers in the market and they may also need to keep themselves updated with the latest trends as this is also very important thing for them as well. What do you think?

Yes, that's right, retailers must also be up to date on clothing trends that are currently in great demand in the market. If not they will be out of fashion, and abandoned by customers.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
Not many thrift shops in my location. There are a few which sells cheap household items such as detergents, cleansing cloth, scissors. There are also a few stores which sell ladies clothing imported from China at a cheap price.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
That's right, usually it is branded goods that are sold, or used goods that are imported from other countries. There are many fans, but I'm not one of them. LOL I prefer new stuff, it doesn't have to be a well-known brand, the important thing is that it's of good quality and I'm comfortable wearing it.
A lot of my used goods come in fact from my former country (also from Spain and Argentina too) and people here go crazy for items coming from abroad, especially from European countries. So sometimes is fairly easy to sell, even if I'm obliged to lower the prices because people here can't afford to spend a standard amount.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Thrift shops don't exist in my country. The people that sell second hand items do so purely for profit and not any sort of social motive. I believe one can find really affordable and quality items in thrift shops.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
In my country, it exists both of these kinds of thrift shop: social purposes and for profit (better said, to maintain one's household, when other source of earning lacks or we don't earn enough to make ends meet). In my case, my thrift shop is part of my small business, as in my geographic area is too hard to get new students. In addition to the reasons I explained in the topic, average people here prefer by far to spend for futile things than to spend to learn new skills.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A thrift business is quite popular in my country
One thing I have noticed about most businesses in my country is that they are similar and easily financed and those are features of a thrift business

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
To the best of my knowledge it is a very good business in my country because I know about 10 people who are currently in the business and they are doing very well.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
My current country (especially my city) looks like the thrift shop land. At every corner of the streets in my city, it often appears a new thrift shop. Maybe it's the easiest and quickest way to get rid of unemployment, as covid-19 caused the loss of job of too many people. I also ended up opening my personal door-to-door thrift shop, in the beginning of this year. As in my city is too hard to get new students and in addition, I lost most of them (parents involved in debts cannot pay me anymore, adult students that lost their job, lack of interest to learn new skills, typical of my geographic area, etc.), so I was in search of a new source of earnings. As during my moving to Latin America I still had enough clothes and items of my grandmother, my parents and donations from my mother's friend, I still have enough to sell (what in my country was impossible). My small business VAT lets me open until 16 different activities, so I chose to add this one to my main teaching activity. I choose the door-to-door option so no expenses of a rented space and no bills. What about thrift shops in your countries?
Thrift shops are very common in my area either online or offline and a lot of people are really engaging in them these days. I also did it but I stopped because I was not getting it

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
In my city, a thrift shop looks like the easiest way to get a job (and to ensure the daily bread to one's family) in the case of persisting unemployment, especially when people don't own academic certificates to be. hired or develop an expensive commercial activity. Nor service offering activities.

henrytuedor

Unfamiliar
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is quite popular in all parts of the world where you go because there are people of all financial status in all the world so no doubt such business owners are a option for people who have to manage their budgets responsibly and they make the business owners earn as well this way indeed .

Back