How to deal with customers rejecting orders without reasonable reasons?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In the business world there are times when we find a naughty customer, who likes to make orders, but when the goods he ordered arrive at his address he refuses to accept the goods with the classic excuse "No money". Things like this often happen in the online buying and selling business. How do you deal with customers like that?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
This can be very annoying though, especially if you are running a pay on delivery business. This is why most persons would tell you to pay before they deliver. But in cases like this, though it might not help completely but it might help to some extent. You could try calling them before hand that you would be coming. Even after they have placed the order. The day you would be bringing the goods, call and let them know.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This can be very annoying though, especially if you are running a pay on delivery business. This is why most persons would tell you to pay before they deliver. But in cases like this, though it might not help completely but it might help to some extent. You could try calling them before hand that you would be coming. Even after they have placed the order. The day you would be bringing the goods, call and let them know.
Unfortunately, in some marketplaces there is a COD payment system, where buyers can pay when the goods arrive at the address. And many sellers activate this feature, including me even though it is at some risk that I bear, namely the refusal of naughty customers to pay. I usually then block them from re-ordering, because calls and chats have no effect on them.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
That depends on the amount of money. If it is a small amount, I'll let go but will blacklist the customer. Never accept his/her orders again. If it involves a considerable amount of money, I'll seek the help of the Small Claim Tribunal and try to get my money back.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In the business world there are times when we find a naughty customer, who likes to make orders, but when the goods he ordered arrive at his address he refuses to accept the goods with the classic excuse "No money". Things like this often happen in the online buying and selling business. How do you deal with customers like that?

The simple truth is that you are not going to force a customer to purchase any products he or she doesn't want to purchase and that is the reason why you have to offer them value so that they will not even have any reason to the decline buying the product or services.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't even process any order without getting a financial commitment from the customer in the form of an advanced payment. That is the risk of pay on delivery. And I won't even like to take such risks.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.085
This is why I like pay before service, because some people behave like insane people. Maybe one can call to confirm from them that they still need the product before commencing

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The simple truth is that you are not going to force a customer to purchase any products he or she doesn't want to purchase and that is the reason why you have to offer them value so that they will not even have any reason to the decline buying the product or services.
Of course we have given our best in accordance with standard operating procedures. However, there are unscrupulous buyers who always play tricks on sellers, by suddenly canceling orders after the goods arrive at the address, by refusing to pay for the reason "No money".

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Unfortunately, in some marketplaces there is a COD payment system, where buyers can pay when the goods arrive at the address. And many sellers activate this feature, including me even though it is at some risk that I bear, namely the refusal of naughty customers to pay. I usually then block them from re-ordering, because calls and chats have no effect on them.
Yes i get your point. This system was actually created for the safety of the customers, so they can simply pay when the goods comes to prevent being cheated, its a pity they have turned the whole thing upside down.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes i get your point. This system was actually created for the safety of the customers, so they can simply pay when the goods comes to prevent being cheated, its a pity they have turned the whole thing upside down.
The people that we were trying to protect have turned to be doing us the bad things. As strange as this sounds, it has happened to many online entrepreneurs. I take payments in advance for first time customers.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, you are right. I totally agree with you, I often experience this. Finding unscrupulous buyers, I just need to block them. I don't want to waste my time arguing with toxic people.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yes, you are right. I totally agree with you, I often experience this. Finding unscrupulous buyers, I just need to block them. I don't want to waste my time arguing with toxic people.
I actually think you should switch to pay before delivery or at least a bit part advance payment. You incur costs to make the delivery right and situations like these are already a loss to you.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I actually think you should switch to pay before delivery or at least a bit part advance payment. You incur costs to make the delivery right and situations like these are already a loss to you.
The COD system is a service from the marketplace to make it easier for customers, many are also trustworthy. It's just that some unscrupulous buyers. If I activate the COD system, anyone can use this service. So, blocking unruly buyers was the most appropriate step I could take.

Back