How to easily recognize marketing gimmicks by sellers

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.136
Raw Dex
$0.214
Sellers use simple marketing tricks or gimmicks to sell their products. This is just avenues to trick you to buy their products that might offer little to no value. So how can you easily detect these marketing gimmicks

The seller offer incentives that often have no direct relation to the advertised itrm. Like a ticket given with a jewellery

When a seller do an advertisements in which the focus isn't about any product or service but on abstract things like having commercials with exciting visuals. This is all to get people talking about the advertisement to increased publicity and sales.

When you are made to believe you are gaining something special from buying their product or service. Like giving you a loyalty card which will make you to buy more goods for a free product. This is to make you spend more for a little reward.

Add yours

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.890
Gimmick attracts customers and they'll know about it once they're inside the business center.The gimmick includes reducing of prices, giving discounts, giving buy one take 2 and more. It's one way to boosts sales.

Fidelia

Somewhat Known
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$2.138
When they hype the product beyond the reach that it can typically work, you just know that it is a marketing gimmick. Like someone telling you one product can take care of more than 10 health conditions, it is hype and just gimmicks.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$8.518
Another popular one sellers do are buy two and get one free and so on. People tend to rush this cause they feel they would be getting something for free but the truth of the matter is that you have actually paid for it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.890
A business operator must also be careful in applying gimmick to his business. It must not mislead the customers. Don't give false gimmick that may jeopardise your business like beauty products telling the customers that it whitens the skin though not true.

King Belieal

Somewhat Known
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.000
A business operator must also be careful in applying gimmick to his business. It must not mislead the customers. Don't give false gimmick that may jeopardise your business like beauty products telling the customers that it whitens the skin though not true.
A sales person would get a bad reputation if they exaggerate their gimmicks to mislead a customer. I bought a power bank from a phone accessories dealer and he told me the power bank can charge my phone five times only for me to realize it can actually charge two times which is not even bad for me. I felt bad because he lied to me and I would not patronize him again.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.890
A sales person would get a bad reputation if they exaggerate their gimmicks to mislead a customer. I bought a power bank from a phone accessories dealer and he told me the power bank can charge my phone five times only for me to realize it can actually charge two times which is not even bad for me. I felt bad because he lied to me and I would not patronize him again.
As a customer, you will surely react. You can't avoid to feel bad for being lied just to convince you. I'm very sure you will never go back there.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$1.060
I usually check the discounted prices or promos. Some sellers use this scheme to trick people. In fact, they just double the price to attract the consumers.

Back