How to gather experience at a new job

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.548
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that it is good to learn fast and gather the needed experience you have to at a job. You can gather this quickly by doing the following

Look out to Join a professional organization that would get you learning fast.

You can attend classes to learn more about your new job.

Ask for new tasks at your current job so that you test out your abilities

Don't forget to attend professional workshops and remember to seek for a mentorship.

Add yours?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.914
Also the perseverance and consistency in doing what is required by you in your new company really matters when you want to gain in experience in your skills with the current job.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My dearest friemd I to your list, I would add the word PRACTICE, that is, learning to work "using our hands" and therefore improving ourselves time after time.
It's obviously initially we will ALL make some mistakes, but never mind, we shouldn't despair... Practice leads to acquiring a lot of experience on anything one can do.
Do you agree?

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
Develop that proactive attitude to learn. Look for learning opportunities that can help you and grab each opportunity that comes across you. Be open to suggestions and advices from people who are senior and can be a good mentor. And I totally agree that a theoretical learning would not be effective unless you have worked on it. Hands on experience is always more valuable than knowing it theoretically.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
Take out time to pick out courses on your own. One of the best way to learn fast it by taking up extra courses.
That's a very nice advice. And fortunately, we live in an era of digital world and advanced technology. We have so many online resources available for learning and they provide the convenience of time and pace for everyone. Moreover many offer free courses and charge a nominal for certification.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.071
That's a very nice advice. And fortunately, we live in an era of digital world and advanced technology. We have so many online resources available for learning and they provide the convenience of time and pace for everyone. Moreover many offer free courses and charge a nominal for certification.
Yes, like when I started working as a photo editor, while I was learning o the job, at home I had to take up other courses and even till now am still taking up courses about Photoshop. There are so many free and paid courses we can come across online.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
Yes, like when I started working as a photo editor, while I was learning o the job, at home I had to take up other courses and even till now am still taking up courses about Photoshop. There are so many free and paid courses we can come across online.
Yes, I have done the same with my profession. I keep updating myself with the new studies and finding and the technological developments in the area of work. I am a special educator and counselor. And despite having work experience of two decades, I keep doing workshops, seminars and courses to update myself. I do conduct them too for other professionals and parents. I think that the journey of learning should never cease if you want to keep growing in your profession. It also prevents the monotony and stagnation. And we do meet new people and new connections. That is also beneficial.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.080
Raw Dex
$0.100
You gain experience when you work on it. Knowledge is something you will acquire through learning, and experience is something you gain by doing it yourself

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.205
You gain experience when you work on it. Knowledge is something you will acquire through learning, and experience is something you gain by doing it yourself
That's true! It's no use gathering the information and getting certificates and degrees unless one is able to bring it to use in real work. Most valuable learning is the hands in experience. Knowledge that is not implemented is actually not efficient.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.548
Raw Dex
$0.000
You can use feedback that you learn from your colleagues and managers to your good. Use feedback to make improvements and growth in your life

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You would have to get close to colleagues so that you would be able to learn from them and gather the experience that you need as a new employee in an organisation.

Back