How to leave a job on good terms

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
If you are leaving a job for whatever reason you should leave on a good note, you never know you might just need a thing or two from your previous place of work. So how do you do this.

First, tell your boss or manager Better still write a letter of resignation for HR purpose

Get ready for counter-offer and try not to bad-mouth the place to others

Do a proper and smooth handover.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.480
Raw Dex
$0.008
Whenever possible, an employee should leave a job on good terms. Submit a resignation letter and tell your manage the reason of your resignation. Complete any outstanding jobs on hand. Be proactive and supportive in the handover procedure.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
That's the truth all employee should endeavour to leave a job on good terms. just start with Submitting a resignation letter and state your manage the reason of your resignation.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
One is always looking for a better job opportunity..be it for better remuneration, better role and responsibilities or better work place. It's very common. One should always follow the work ethics and professionalism. And the same holds true for leaving a job. Have a smooth handover and given them the notice period to arrange a replacement for you..

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, some employees leave like a thief in the night. They would just ghost the organization and they would call and call. That's why they never would return to that workplace and the owner would be happy with them.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When am about to leave my previous job, I wrote a letter to the organisation and the entire was sadden that I want to leave. After I shared my reason for resigning, they pleaded with me to give them one month so that they can find a replacement. I accepted and we departed ways amicably.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When am about to leave my previous job, I wrote a letter to the organisation and the entire was sadden that I want to leave. After I shared my reason for resigning, they pleaded with me to give them one month so that they can find a replacement. I accepted and we departed ways amicably.
That's a good way of resigning. I want to believe the organization was good to you and that's why you had to give them that courtesy.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Sure, it is never a bad idea when you want to leave a job it is always good to notify the work place to alert them to the need of a replacement

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$1.330
Raw Dex
$0.005
You should never say bad words about the company or the people working in the company. Also, you should not stop working during the notice period as many people do.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If you are leaving a job for whatever reason you should leave on a good note, you never know you might just need a thing or two from your previous place of work. So how do you do this.

First, tell your boss or manager Better still write a letter of resignation for HR purpose

Get ready for counter-offer and try not to bad-mouth the place to others

Do a proper and smooth handover.

Every business is always have terms and condition on which a worker can terminate their employment. If you make sure to follow those terms and condition, you will always end up leaving on good terms with your boss.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
Whenever possible, an employee should leave a job on good terms. Submit a resignation letter and tell your manage the reason of your resignation. Complete any outstanding jobs on hand. Be proactive and supportive in the handover procedure.
As much as possible, we do really need to quit our jobs in a proper way. Resigning should be done and the turn over should be done accordingly. Giving a grace time period to find your replacement should be carried out, too.

Back