How to overcome gambling addiction

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
As a former player I can tell you that getting out of this addiction is difficult, it took me some time even though it didn't take it that far, we must know that one must account for how much money one has lost, one must look for ways to get away from the internet for a while or try not to think about these betting sites, get away from watching sports for a bit if you bet on sports, and cover your free time with other things like going to the gym, jogging, or anything else that distracts you from the gambling

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The first step in overcoming gambling addiction is to acknowledge that you have a problem and that it is causing negative consequences in your life.
Develop a plan to help you stop gambling, such as setting limits on the amount of time and money you spend on gambling, finding alternative activities to do instead of gambling, and avoiding triggers.
Remove or limit access to things that trigger your desire to gamble, such as avoiding places or people associated with gambling.
Keep yourself busy. Fill your time with activities that you enjoy, such as exercise, hobbies, or spending time with friends and family.
I never did this, but like any other addiction like you said, we have to realize that what we did is wrong and we have to fix it, like @riberet19 said as the former player that it was not easy to stop it, but theres always a way out if we have strong will to do it.

Make ourself busy with others activity that made us forget about the old habit is very important, and finding new circle of friends is really needed, because we have to find our own support system that can help us to stop this habit. It will take time but if we want to do it, you can do it. Last but not least the reason why we stop bad habit is we love ourself and our family, thats the reason we stop doing bad thing.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Gambling in itself is not bad. It is the addiction that is very bad. The key to overcome gambling addiction is self discipline. You have to take charge of yourself to end the addiction.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many things that can help people who are addicted to gambling, including treatment, therapy, and medication. However, often what is needed is a combination of measures, as different individuals will require different treatments and solutions.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nothing apart from on stop being greedy and focusing more on working legit jobs to make better money.
Being Greedy in this case is the source of the addiction problems. We have to know our limit, theres nothing wrong if you one to try it, but beeing greedy that make us want to try more and more till nothing left.

Focusing on our legit jobs to make better money of course is one of the solution. But for someone who addicted to it, its not easy for them to do it quickly, they need support system that help them quit their habit.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.770
Raw Dex
$0.003
Gambling addition is a serious matter. I have an uncle who was so addicted to gambling that he lived a miserable and lonely life. I think the gambler needs strong determination and encouragement/support of family members to get rid of the addiction.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
I never did this, but like any other addiction like you said, we have to realize that what we did is wrong and we have to fix it, like @riberet19 said as the former player that it was not easy to stop it, but theres always a way out if we have strong will to do it.

Make ourself busy with others activity that made us forget about the old habit is very important, and finding new circle of friends is really needed, because we have to find our own support system that can help us to stop this habit. It will take time but if we want to do it, you can do it. Last but not least the reason why we stop bad habit is we love ourself and our family, thats the reason we stop doing bad thing.
Exactly, everything you say is true, as an addiction it acts like any other, you have periods of withdrawal in which you will have urges to return to the game, the important thing is to find another activity that gives you that dopamine rush but that does not imply an addiction to Sport helped me a lot, which generates endorphins and natural dopamine and I don't have to resort to an activity of this nature, I also tried not to watch sports so often or even closed betting accounts in case I tried to play again to get in trouble . in the end everything is possible.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.935
I think it is not a good thing to be addicted to gambling. The best course of action is to give advice to stop. Having a strong will is the key to stop this

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not easy to get away from betting addict. Even if we stay away from sport, 6hat does not mean that anytime we watch sports, we won't gamble again. The only best way is to be determined to leave it

Back