How to perfectly decline an employer counteroffer

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
it will be of help if you are diplomatic about declining the counteroff by your employer not to show arrogance or be seen in a bad light.

You need to politely respond by first appreciating the efforts of the company in trying to keep you and maybe offering you a bigger pay. you need to convince them your resignation isn't as a result of only low pay.

Just let them know about your ambition you want to fulfill and even your long term goals you need to realized.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's you being nice enough to tell them you are resigning. Some people would just take a sick leave and you would never see them again.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would tell my employer honestly and in a polite manner why I decided to resign. I usually change jobs for better pay, fringe benefits, career prospects or the industry I am interested in working for.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yeah there's a whole lot why people change their jobs like for better pay, fringe benefits, career prospects etc . to resign it is good to do in a polite manner

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah there's a whole lot why people change their jobs like for better pay, fringe benefits, career prospects etc . to resign it is good to do in a polite manner
No matter how much you try to be nice the owner would still not be happy with you when you leave. They always feel that you should stay and work for them for the rest of your life.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The company am working actually want me to stay but I told them the reason for my decision. They have no option but reluctantly agreed. They told me that any day I will like to return that they will accept me again. I thank them for their good gesture and I still communicate with the company employees.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The company am working actually want me to stay but I told them the reason for my decision. They have no option but reluctantly agreed. They told me that any day I will like to return that they will accept me again. I thank them for their good gesture and I still communicate with the company employees.
You would never have any need to return to your former employer. That would be a sure downgrade. People work and leave. They should not think you would be working with them forever.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
You are right it is not good to mention that money is one of the reasons you are leaving a workplace if you want to stay in an employer's good books just give another excuse.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
it will be of help if you are diplomatic about declining the counteroff by your employer not to show arrogance or be seen in a bad light.

You need to politely respond by first appreciating the efforts of the company in trying to keep you and maybe offering you a bigger pay. you need to convince them your resignation isn't as a result of only low pay.

Just let them know about your ambition you want to fulfill and even your long term goals you need to realized.
If the counter offers no something that doesn't work very well for you, I believe that you should openly decline it and give them your reasons because they are not going to mandate you to accept.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Sure ni hiding anything one should go ahead and openly decline it and give the company good reasons for the decline and then go away without looking back for anything

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
It is in the best interest to decline a counter-offer that is not really related to be task that is to be done at work.
I agree. Why we need to do other tasks if not being signed in a contract? I am sure we need to always review our contract agreement to counter offer the higher-ups demands towards us.

Back