How to rise financially after a business burglary

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some people go through a rough patch when a thing like burglary happens to their business. How can one deal with this to live above the ordeal?

It is always very difficult for you to recover whenever this kind of a thing happened to your business especially when they cart away with every of your product and machinery that you used to run your business. Without having external support financially, it is going to be very difficult for you to start up back.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
This has happened to me and I am still battling with the aftermath . It is really a bad experience. I never had intentions of working online because I had everything going on well with my offline business and I'm okay. It was what made me come online to settle for peanuts.
Oh! Sorry to know about that. It must have been terrible. Working online doesn't come with a big money unless it's very high skilled job. It must have been trying times for you. What is your plan in the long run? What was your business about? Didn't you buy insurance for your business??

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
Years back, I pawned my necklace in a pawnshop. That necklace was so valuable. It was a gift to me from my brother who works in KSA, but the pawnshop was robbed and, all items were taken away including mine. They replaced it with a cheaper one but I threw it back to them. After some months I saw them operate back in another location in the city. Their pawnshop was insured against burglary.
This is not a good thing to experience. Did they pay you back with the real value of the necklace? I hope they did. Being stolen by burglars cannot be controlled. The great thing the pawnshop was insured.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There is a friend of mine that I also had such experience and she actually posted her shop on Facebook when it was broken into and everything was taken away including her generator. Even now, she's yet to get back to her business.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.902
This is not a good thing to experience. Did they pay you back with the real value of the necklace? I hope they did. Being stolen by burglars cannot be controlled. The great thing the pawnshop was insured.
The pawnshop did not pay me. They replaced instead with a very cheap necklace which I threw back to them. That was a very painful and terrifying experience in my life. I was a new teacher that time and there was a business I intended to start with the money from spawning my expensive necklace.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The way to rise financially after a business burglary is to make new plans, one of which is to seek loans from family or friends. After that, try to ask for time leeway for debts that are due, if any. If they still don't want to give concessions on debts that are due, then pay them with the loan money. The remaining money is used for business operations.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.902
That's a very good advise. It doesn't mean that because you experience burglary that will be the end of everything. There are so many ways to stand where you fall and start all over again. It's not all the time life is like bed of roses. There are times we pass on a thorny path.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.006
This is also a reason why most persons would tell you to always try your best to have some capital kept at the side for cases like this so you can fall back to.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
This has happened to me and I am still battling with the aftermath . It is really a bad experience. I never had intentions of working online because I had everything going on well with my offline business and I'm okay. It was what made me come online to settle for peanuts.
I believe you are doing well online. You don't have to look down on your online hustle. I know you are hardworking ad you would get back on your feet again.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
These types of incident happen with people but it doesn't mean that one lose his heart and leave the hope rather he need to accumulate what he has and start with new zest.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.761
I think this can be fixed by the insurance companies. Businessmen can buy the policy against theft by burglary on their businesses. In the evident of the insured risks the insurers can compensate the Businesses, indemnity.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
This can never be pleasant to anyone this is why it is good that a business should be insured as this can be fixed by the insurance companies when the need arises.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
It is always good to safe gustd the business because business burglary could make the business go down financially and can even collapse the business so it is good to fight it.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
Not only burglary but anything untoward can happen to our business at any time. So, it is always advisable to be ready with a plan that you can fall back on.. Having your business insured is important. Also always save for rainiy days. This might not be the end of the world, but till your next action is implemented, you will have some money to fall back to.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The first thing to do when things like this happen is that you have to cut all your expensive expenses and reduce your standard of living so you can add it to your business

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
it is always advisable for business to always have a plan B so that when they fall back on bad times they can rise again.. Having your business insured is great

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
It is better to forget about the incident and look for ways to improve the business again.
Sometimes it's not easier to forget the setback easily and move ahead. But then that's how life is and one has to gather up and start afresh. These incidents can be a great learning experience. One can take care of the things that went wrong for the burglary to happen. Security would be taken seriously for later businesses.

Back