How would you prepare if you were going to another nation for a business meeting?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
If I were going to have a business trip to another country, I would research more about the place, their cultures, and their practices. I need to know these things so that I do not offend them or violate their acceptable norms. It is a basic thing to consider before having business meetings with businessmen in another country. It is a protocol that should be followed.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I believe that the requirements that are needed for that meetings will always be outline for the company's representative that is coming to represent the company in the meeting.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.648
I would like to learn the basics of the language mostly used in that country. This would enhance my communication skills with learning of the foreign language for that matter.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
First, I will study and understand some of the culture in the country to be visited, what things are prohibited or taboo there. Second, I will invite professional colleagues, especially those who can speak foreign languages. The third is estimating costs and preparing funds. etc

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
it is to first get the right information about the place if I'm to go to another country for a meeting, you need to get information about the place, the culture etc

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the major things I will do is to learn a little bit about the country. I can learn a little bit about their language or their culture.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Agree. If I go to another country for a meeting, I would learn more about the place, the culture and check if there is any taboo I should take note of.
I can still remember when I went to a Muslim country. I need to learn the standard practices and cultures by heart. For the reasons that I would not offend them with my actions.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No matter where you go, it is always very important or necessary to respect other people's culture and practices. It is also important to respect your religion if you want to live peacefully there.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
No matter where you go, it is always very important or necessary to respect other people's culture and practices. It is also important to respect your religion if you want to live peacefully there.
You are on point on this matter. Speaking of religion, we need to know the beliefs, doctrines, and principles. Aside from respecting them, we need not to violate them at all cost. We might be in big trouble if we cannot follow the acceptable norms in their countries.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are on point on this matter. Speaking of religion, we need to know the beliefs, doctrines, and principles. Aside from respecting them, we need not to violate them at all cost. We might be in big trouble if we cannot follow the acceptable norms in their countries.
Probably, I am one of the people who always advocate for respect of other people's beliefs. It is very important and necessary if you really want to have a good time in that particular country.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Probably, I am one of the people who always advocate for respect of other people's beliefs. It is very important and necessary if you really want to have a good time in that particular country.
Respect and other values taught from home. Our biological parents serve as the first educators in our lives. The second parents that we can have are our school teachers. These values are a part of our lives that need to be practiced.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
You prepare by studying more about that country especially the customs and traditions so you don't get into trouble. Also, you prepare by studying the mindset of the people about business.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
You prepare by studying more about that country especially the customs and traditions so you don't get into trouble. Also, you prepare by studying the mindset of the people about business.
You are so right when knowing the culture of a particular country. In this way, the business owner would be able to know the flow of his or her business in targeting the local people to buy their products or avail their services.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
For me the first thing i would do is to research about the place i am going to. I would find out about the kind of food they have there and their language and of cause the weather.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Agree. If I go to another country for a meeting, I would learn more about the place, the culture and check if there is any taboo I should take note of.
Exactly
I need to know the things that they accept over there and the things that they do not accept. I also need to know the dress code and some other things.

Back