Investing in fish farming

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.768
A close friend of my family recently bought a river close to his location. His reason for this that when the season comes, they can bail the river and catch lots of fish to sell as fresh river fish in rural markets. Do you think this kind of investment would be profitable? Or should one simply buy fish form fish sellers to start up this business instead of buying the whole river as an investment.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A river has limited space. Fish lives in the sea but you cannot buy the sea. Invest in fishing boat where you can catch fish as long as there's an ocean.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, in my country many people keep fish in ponds in their gardens, especially catfish and carp which are in great demand, it shows that it can be a profitable business as a side job. Caring for fish is also not that difficult, just feed them every morning and evening, pay attention to the condition of the water which is always good, clean and sufficient, it doesn't take much time and is easy to do. Even when I was small, my parents often told me to feed the fish every morning and evening.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
In my country there is no investment by buying or renting a river, to be able to catch fish when the season arrives. In my country everyone is free to catch fish either with hooks or nets, which is prohibited if using potassium cyanide poison (POTAS), because all fish will die.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A close friend of my family recently bought a river close to his location. His reason for this that when the season comes, they can bail the river and catch lots of fish to sell as fresh river fish in rural markets. Do you think this kind of investment would be profitable? Or should one simply buy fish form fish sellers to start up this business instead of buying the whole river as an investment.
wait, my question, you can buy a river in your country? as far as I know, the river belongs to the government and we can use it for economic purposes but I never heard someone owns a river in my country. it is a new thing for me

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Wow thats a unique investment idea Im curious how your friend came up with it. Does he have any experience or knowledge in fishing or river management? Does he have any permits or licenses to do this kind of business?

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
that's my question too @jetsaints30 , In The Philippines, can someone buy a river? because in my country we can do it, and we can use it for economic purposes but we have to fulfill some requirements like permits or licenses

Back