Is business and finances emphasized enough in school?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
Business and being financially stable is important in today's economy. Is business and financial education emphasized enough in school?

Where I live, it is not emphasized enough. You don't have enough kids coming out of school, with even a basic knowledge on how to properly handle finances. Those I see who have a decent grasp on money, tends to come from families where the parents took the extra step to make sure their kids knew how to budget money for things.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
During college, I only learned a few lessons about finances in the subject of Economics. We mostly did the calculations of taxes and revenues. It should be better for the school curriculum to include lessons on businesses.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
I think everyone should learn enough from classes like business or finances, to be able to lead a successful future in whatever they choose to do.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even if businesses and finances are taught in school, they are not taught the way it should be in the present age and time because they must really teach us how to make money.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.618
No i believe it is not, that is why kids these days do not have any interest when it comes to working hard and making money. Some even go as far as saying school these days are scam cause the major thing they learn are usually from the streets.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.940
For me I can say that in my country it has never been enhanced. In my country on the high schools teach business studies the students in the secondary schools. However they don't finance sector in depth.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The school only teaches you to come out and work for someone. They don't teach you how to come and create jobs. It is even worse in my country where we don't have industries.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Throughout my university days, I did just one course that had a semblance of a business course. It is called entrepreneurship. And the course was sketchy. Our schools have never been business and finance oriented.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think everyone should learn enough from classes like business or finances especially for those that want to do business, to be able to lead a successful business future .

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think everyone should learn enough from classes like business or finances especially for those that want to do business, to be able to lead a successful business future .
Throughout your secondary school days, was there a subject that they really taught you about savings, budgeting and financing at a deeper level. All they did was very sketchy thing in the name of business studies. Accounting that they were always telling us about Mr Okoro.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Throughout your secondary school days, was there a subject that they really taught you about savings, budgeting and financing at a deeper level. All they did was very sketchy thing in the name of business studies. Accounting that they were always telling us about Mr Okoro.
That financial accounting they taught us in Nigerian secondary schools were truly crusie. You would just be calculating what you don't know. They should have taught us entrepreneurship, how to generate business ideay, how to conduct a feasibility study and so on.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
The poster was referring to college education not high school. it is good to always learn a lot about business when we have the opportunity to do so as we might need it anytime

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The poster was referring to college education not high school. it is good to always learn a lot about business when we have the opportunity to do so as we might need it anytime
The poster was actually talking about high school because you only have kids in high schools. One dream that I have is that later in life, I would own a school and two subjects would be compulsory. These are Spiritual Studies and the second one Financial Education and intelligence.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.940
For me in my country the subject about finance and business is not taught in our schools. The old curriculum was good as it had more subjects like the business studies, carpentry, painting and other useful stuffs.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
I cannot speak for other countries s but in our country, unless you choose accounting as your elective course, you will not be taught about business and finances in the school.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
I think everyone should learn enough from classes like business or finances, to be able to lead a successful future in whatever they choose to do.
That's supposed to be the right thing to improve the financial situations of the people. They will gain ideas on what business to push through. Many after graduation seek for a job instead of planning the best business to change lives for the better.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
In my country, they don't even take this serious. They do it as a casual routine without seeing the need to sharpen the minds of students into entrepreneurship to drive the economy of the country.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
During college, I only learned a few lessons about finances in the subject of Economics. We mostly did the calculations of taxes and revenues. It should be better for the school curriculum to include lessons on businesses.
These are what they includes in our curriculum too, actually these things are not what we should be taught but instead practical approach into business and also solving problems that may occur in the course of running a business.

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They didn't teach me how to manage money even when I was a commercial student. They only taught me how to keep and record accounting records in my financial accounting class. I believe it is not emphasized enough in our schools.

Back