Is catering services a good business?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.225
Raw Dex
$0.040
This act should be discouraged in the society at large if possible, because not everyone will get connected to the high up and also creating connection is more complicated than easy, some people have been restrained from getting jobs that should be theirs initially which was later given to an incompetent person, i have been at a wedding where the so called professional caterer made an impressive nonsense .
Buhaha at impressive nonsense. Like I don't get why humans are like this. Making everything about life so complicated. it's really appalling.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Buhaha at impressive nonsense. Like I don't get why humans are like this. Making everything about life so complicated. it's really appalling.
Not only complicated but annoying and frustrating, if one can get to talk. Sense into those who are called "connection" then maybe there will be some changes because what this selfishness in disguise of nepotism/favoritism will later give birth to might not be containable.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.225
Raw Dex
$0.040
Not only complicated but annoying and frustrating, if one can get to talk. Sense into those who are called "connection" then maybe there will be some changes because what this selfishness in disguise of nepotism/favoritism will later give birth to might not be containable.
You gave it the right name selfishness. Well, I don't blame them it might just be human nature to deny another stuff in the name of Connection it is a bad act though.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.580
Raw Dex
$1.240
I have almost 3-4 people nearby that are working as caterers and they are actually very good cooks so this is how they have started this and they know from where they can get cheap material, veggies and other spices and that makes it a great business

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This act should be discouraged in the society at large if possible, because not everyone will get connected to the high up and also creating connection is more complicated than easy, some people have been restrained from getting jobs that should be theirs initially which was later given to an incompetent person, i have been at a wedding where the so called professional caterer made an impressive nonsense .
I hope it gets possible to discourage the act because it is really getting rampant in the society

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.780
Presently in my country getting customers for a catering business requires more than those points you have mentioned. Although those are effective ways to get more customers. Things work a little bit different here because there is now high level of nepotism/favouritism, getting big job requires huge connection.šŸ˜Ŗ
That's the thorn for everyone who likes to run a catering services, but you can bid to school principals to book a catering service during acquaintance party, weddings of your friends cousins, relatives, neighbors. I think they won't refuse you.

Amleht

Complete Stranger
Nov 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This catering business can give you success. This is an enjoyable and fulfilling business. If you love people if you are a smiling type and have good taste in food, why not try? If you love to please people with your good menu, then you are the person others are thinking about to satisfy future clients during weddings, birthday celebrations, graduation parties, and family get together. Have you tried this kind of service? Do you think, the earnings are lucrative?
I think it is a good business. If it is well organised, delicious food, affordable and with good services, I am sure it would be a success. I have not tried catering service but sometimes I bake cakes for birthdays and of course I am well paid for making the cakes.
Post automatically merged:

What we need to run a business like catering services is big capital. We need good cooling equipment, chef, foods in demand , utensils, wider kitchen, good water supply and current. There's also be a vehicle to transport the catered foods. At first, we feel tense, but the next time around, we'll be relaxed and confident.
I agree. You need a lot of capital to do catering business. Besides that, you need to know how to manage this business.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
Yes, it is a good business. Here when there is a demand for these services during the festive season you won't find anyone when you need them. I guess this is seasonal work. I would like to start it but don't know where to start with.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.780
I think it is a good business. If it is well organised, delicious food, affordable and with good services, I am sure it would be a success. I have not tried catering service but sometimes I bake cakes for birthdays and of course I am well paid for making the cakes.

I agree. You need a lot of capital to do catering business. Besides that, you need to know how to manage this business.
I agree with you, we need a big capital and a cook. there are many things to buy when operating this kind of business. It gives a headache but aches no more if having many clients to cater.

There are many programs that need catering services. The CS could cater up to thousand eaters. It's a big money especially if the order is per head or by buffet.

Last edited:

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.780
I wish I can start this business because it's quite profitable and they never have an off-season so they get work all the time
It's a good business especially if you have less competitors. There are many group of people especially organizations in schools that hold acquaintance parties, so you can send your proposal or quotation. Try it this year.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Perhaps it is a good business for others and maybe not for others too. I just wonder how much expenses and labor does one have in order to provide the service.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.110
Catering is a profitable business as food is essential. Numerous different enterprises are drawn to the food service industry. You might be a great cook or be keen in event organizing and wish to start by providing food.

Raja

Notable
Jun 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Catering service is a great business and the reason why many are opting for catering business is because they don't like to bother themselves arranging all the major and minor things required and these caterers also earn more because they know the sources to get the products at lower price.

Ebutech

Somewhat Known
Oct 20, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This catering business can give you success. This is an enjoyable and fulfilling business. If you love people if you are a smiling type and have good taste in food, why not try? If you love to please people with your good menu, then you are the person others are thinking about to satisfy future clients during weddings, birthday celebrations, graduation parties, and family get together. Have you tried this kind of service? Do you think, the earnings are lucrative?
Yes,it is a very lucrative business,so far as you can cook very well,or Incase one's culinary skill is poor you could register for a catering school

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.780
Yes,it is a very lucrative business,so far as you can cook very well,or Incase one's culinary skill is poor you could register for a catering school
This business needs constant follow-up with prospects especially if there are many competitors. The business owner must submit a quotation regarding the prices and foods to cater, the number of diners, location, accessibility of the location, and more. The catering services owner must also be friendly or smiling to clients.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Perhaps it is a good business for others and maybe not for others too. I just wonder how much expenses and labor does one have in order to provide the service.
Maybe start based on the client's budget. That best to do is to make sure that we have contacts who can hire the business. If there is no prospect customers we will not be able start. We can start but how can we sustain the business?

Back