Is Cheap Hosting Good for a Blog?

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Some hosting services are really cheap, but I've seen advice against such no matter how strapped for cash you are. Such sites are said to suffer from downtime which cam affect your reputation.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some hosting services are really cheap, but I've seen advice against such no matter how strapped for cash you are. Such sites are said to suffer from downtime which cam affect your reputation.
You need to balance your cash with your actual needs by testing, not just take the word from someone trying to sell you on paying more than you need to. I have used $1 a month hosting since 2008 and don't even own my own domain name (another myth to sell you more), but I create my own pages from scratch and know how to measure requirements needed to work. If you use database driven software like Wordpress with lots of graphics that have not been optimized and background processsing to soak up resources you don't have you are probably going tom have downtime galore. It will be like trying to put out a warehouse fire with a garden hose. Plan ahead and it is simple to match you needs with hosting that supplies them.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Thats
You need to balance your cash with your actual needs by testing, not just take the word from someone trying to sell you on paying more than you need to. I have used $1 a month hosting since 2008 and don't even own my own domain name (another myth to sell you more), but I create my own pages from scratch and know how to measure requirements needed to work. If you use database driven software like Wordpress with lots of graphics that have not been optimized and background processsing to soak up resources you don't have you are probably going tom have downtime galore. It will be like trying to put out a warehouse fire with a garden hose. Plan ahead and it is simple to match you needs with hosting that supplies them.
That means it's all meant to get people to pay for their tools and resources right? It works as I've met a lot of people who don't start blogging because they are worried about this.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thats

That means it's all meant to get people to pay for their tools and resources right? It works as I've met a lot of people who don't start blogging because they are worried about this.
If you were selling hosting, wouldn't that be a lucrative goal? If you convinced a delivery driver that he needed a Mac Truck for a household route, it may take him months to figure out he could have done the job with a VW van. In the meantime he has spent hours and dollars he didn't have to put everything in place and make it work. He never runs low on capacity (no downtime), so how quick would he be willing to throw it all out and start over? I know it's a silly analogy, but apply it to the blog you want to earn from. Remember the word Blog is simply a Web Blog, so it it details your journey from begining to success with all the little things you learned along the way, how valuable will that be to someone starting from the same place you did? Keep the old saying in mind, "Been there, Done that" and share those gems with your Blog reader. Each time a little light goes on, they will be back for more.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cheap hosting can be good for nothing though I am sorry for saying so. Cheaply hosted website's often lacks visitors hence limited traffic.
If your website does a good job explaining how you actually earn money today and every day, how many visitors does it take to increase your cash flow today? Traffic alone will not result in higher profits, but lower expenses will.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
In some cases, if you pay a low price for hosting, the hosting is not always the greatest but there is also the case that the hosting could be really good and they are able to offer the price they do due to them having the ability to.

I would look up reviews on the hosting company you are wanting to use and see what the reviews are like, this would give you an idea as to whether it is worth it or not. Failing that you could pay the fee and see for yourself but if you can not afford to lose the money, that may not be an option you want to take.

moneywise2021

Unfamiliar
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
First of all, try a hosting company that offers a free trial period. in most cases it should be 7 days. maybe more in other companies. Then that will give you an idea of how to work around the site and learn the controls of how to design it without breaking the bank. Then if you feel comfortable, stay with them until you get enough traffic and hits to upgrade to bigger and better things

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
As far as I am concerned I cheap hosting is not recommended for professional blogging at all.
Most people that a blog is hosted by cheap web hosting provides they are likely not to visit your site.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As far as I am concerned I cheap hosting is not recommended for professional blogging at all.
Most people that a blog is hosted by cheap web hosting provides they are likely not to visit your site.
How would they even know who was hosting your blog? All they see is your domain name and maybe the theme you used if it is WordPress.

Ravenfreak

Complete Stranger
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think cheap hosting is fine for blogs, most blogs don't really need much in terms of disk space. However, if it's a large blog that's been around for some time that has many different large articles on the site it may eventually need more space. In fact, you can get free Wordpress hosting just by using their own servers. Of course you'd have to pay a fee to use your own domain name though.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's good for starters but if you want more features you might need to buy paid one I mean free hosts can be good but if you have funds I always recommend buying one

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The quality of your web hosting provider will play a major impact on your hosting. A cheap hosting plan from a good web hosting provider can be sufficient for a small blog without much profit.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Price is the primary factor for a lot of people to choose hosting. However, apart from price you also need to see what features they are offering. You can make the assessment base don the available features.

Back