Is cryptocurrency a Ponzi scheme?

Kennysplash

Unfamiliar
Sep 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I read a news yesterday about a celebrity that claims cryptocurrency is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. He said that those who invest in it do it for their own financial gain. I mean, is that not what investment is all about?

Besides, no Ponzi scheme can survive for over 12 years. So I just think his claims are totally baseless.
Do you think he's right?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Many cryptocurrency haters, especially government officials, so they try hard to prevent the circulation of crypto in various ways, especially through the news, as T. Rabi Sankar, deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that cryptocurrencies are similar to ponzi schemes, so he banned crypto in the country. Since ponzi schemes are also carried out with fiat money, we also admit that there are many criminals in the crypto sector, but cryptocurrency itself is not a ponzi scheme, in fact it is transparent.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I believe you will always find people who believe cryptocurrency is a scam and that it is a Ponzi scheme and not worth getting into but I have found that a lot of people who say these things have not looked into cryptocurrency and just how well it is doing and just how much people are preferring to use that over their countries currency.

Some people have even gone as far as to say that it is a fake currency and that investing in it is not worth it as what you get will amount to nothing. I believe that after 12 years now, if it was a scam or a Ponzi scheme we would know by now and people would not still be investing in it.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Whatever you hold will have both good and bad sides, if people only open the bad side then they will never know the use of crypto, unlike fiat money which is easy to counterfeit, Many people, shops that do not accept crypto as a means of payment, but nevertheless as our crypto lovers should respect their opinion too. If crypto were a ponzi scheme then it would be over now,

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
I read a news yesterday about a celebrity that claims cryptocurrency is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. He said that those who invest in it do it for their own financial gain. I mean, is that not what investment is all about?

Besides, no Ponzi scheme can survive for over 12 years. So I just think his claims are totally baseless.
Do you think he's right?
His claims are obviously totally baseless, people tend to criticize and talk down on things they don't seem to understand, instead of the person to seek for adequate knowledge as regards to cryptocurrency, instead he or she is labelling cryptocurrency a Ponzi scheme.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
His claims are obviously totally baseless, people tend to criticize and talk down on things they don't seem to understand, instead of the person to seek for adequate knowledge as regards to cryptocurrency, instead he or she is labelling cryptocurrency a Ponzi scheme.
A lot of criticism has been directed by haters on cryptocurrencies, apart from ponzi schemes they also criticize crypto as having no valuable value, such as crypto is intangible, crypto is not a currency and commodity product, crypto prices will go up if there are buyers and vice versa it will go down if there are many seller.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
Cryptocurrency is not a Ponzi scheme but a very good form of investment.
I agree with you that my friend but according to the increasingly number of the crypto currency investors that are loosing their money through the venture, don't you consider that the governments are doing the right thing to ban the Crypto usage in their countries to salvage the people?

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
I agree with you that my friend but according to the increasingly number of the crypto currency investors that are loosing their money through the venture, don't you consider that the governments are doing the right thing to ban the Crypto usage in their countries to salvage the people?
Governments and their intervention is never anything positive in the free market, treat people as fools and who do not know what to do with their money and that the State has to come to tell you what to do and take away what is not right is not the solution, the solution is that people educate themselves financially and know what to invest in and what not, everyone is consistent with their decisions and must know what to invest in and what not, people are adults and not children.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
It's a big lie many invest in crypto not only a common man but millionaires and big time businessmen. I think that person lacks attention or experience losses so what's on the mind was revenge.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
It's a big lie many invest in crypto not only a common man but millionaires and big time businessmen. I think that person lacks attention or experience losses so what's on the mind was revenge.
Yes thats true, people who lose money is just because they dont know when to invest the market moves in cycles and we have always bear and bull markets, if you invest in the top of the bullmarket is your fault no one more.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
I think that cebrity had been mistaken. Based on the point of argument they had baseless points to quantify that the crypto-currency investment is a Ponzi scheme. I think these are among the haters of the Crypto.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

Do you think he's right?
Anyone who still thinks of crypto currency as a Ponzi scheme should really be taken to the nearest hospital and given medications and then again checks should be made to see if they are actually not one of those people who live in caves for it is very obvious and clear for anyone to see that crypto is not a Ponzi scheme at all.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Anyone who still thinks of crypto currency as a Ponzi scheme should really be taken to the nearest hospital and given medications and then again checks should be made to see if they are actually not one of those people who live in caves for it is very obvious and clear for anyone to see that crypto is not a Ponzi scheme at all.
Cryptocurrency is never a Ponzi scheme, but it is very volatile and that is why you must be very careful of its investment.

Back