Is force resignation applicable for a senior citizen's employee?

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
I remembered that a senior citizen employee was forced to resign in my sister's company. It is given that she needs to quit the job for being in such a situation. Do you think that the company is reasonable to impose force resignation? What if this senior citizen does not want to quit and continue to keep on working with this company?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When it gets to a particular point, you have to resign and go and rest. That would make room for younger ones to come in and also give you time to look after yourself.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
When it gets to a particular point, you have to resign and go and rest. That would make room for younger ones to come in and also give you time to look after yourself.
I do think so, too. It is high time for him or her to take a rest and enjoy his or her life. We need to be sure that the position titles will be given to the right young ones.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.220
Raw Dex
$0.008
In my location, most companies have a policy at what age an employee should retire. So, when a senior citizen employee reaches that age, s(he) knows it's time to leave the company. There's no need for the company to force him/her to resign. If the senior citizen is doing an excellent job and is in good physical condition, the company may extend his/her retirement age on a mutually consented basis.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.780
Im my country Croatia we have year limit when we must go in retirement. There are some exceptions when people in retirement can work at maximum half work time but those situations are rare.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I remembered that a senior citizen employee was forced to resign in my sister's company. It is given that she needs to quit the job for being in such a situation. Do you think that the company is reasonable to impose force resignation? What if this senior citizen does not want to quit and continue to keep on working with this company?
I've never seen anywhere a company had to force their staff to resign because it doesn't make sense to me but what I know that what they can actually do is to sack the person.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Force resignation can happen in any sphere of employment. It is in fact common to superior officer who is perceived to be a threat to the most superior officer. This force resignation has caused some officials to remain submissive in their posts pending the time they would be able to scale through.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before they can force someone especially someone in leadership position in business to resign, you have to understand that the continuous stay of that person in that business is not good for the reputation of that business.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before they can force someone especially someone in leadership position in business to resign, you have to understand that the continuous stay of that person in that business is not good for the reputation of that business.
The people holding higher position in the company can be forced to resign if their services are no longer needed.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The people holding higher position in the company can be forced to resign if their services are no longer needed.
It is a difficult proposition to assert that the services of top management staff can just be extinct like that. It is always due to internal politics in the organization or some gross misconduct.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.468
For me I believe that there is nothing impossible in the earth. With that being said, the senior officials on the government sectors can be made to resign forcefully and nothing can happen to the so called perpetrators.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.888
This is actually pretty common in most companies or business organizations. In such cases they do not really have a choice here. They lay them off so they can be space for younger workers.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, most companies have a policy at what age an employee should retire. So, when a senior citizen employee reaches that age, s(he) knows it's time to leave the company. There's no need for the company to force him/her to resign. If the senior citizen is doing an excellent job and is in good physical condition, the company may extend his/her retirement age on a mutually consented basis.
It's true that I totally agree with you, what you mentioned is wiser than making a forced resignation rule. And an employee who has reached retirement age is also self-aware to resign even without being told to resign.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.555
There's no law in the Philippines forcing a retiree to resign. It's hurting. Why should he or she be retained when only face insults of a forced resignation? It is not a humanitarian approach.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

I believe that there is nothing interesting in forcing someone to resign when you can actually fire the person from the position because they are not delivering on their job.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
This is actually pretty common in most companies or business organizations. In such cases they do not really have a choice here. They lay them off so they can be space for younger workers.
It is indeed that they cannot do anything about it. They need to abide the rules about this concern. Although they can be laid off but with proper compensations. Young ones would have the opportunity to be promoted.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
I have seen this play out here too. Where a senior staff was forced to re-sign. At a point, you have to resign and go but if you don't you might be forced

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have seen this play out here too. Where a senior staff was forced to re-sign. At a point, you have to resign and go but if you don't you might be forced

If there is a good cause for the company to force someone to resign, I believe that the course is also capable of getting the company to fire the person and get rid of all the drama.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are situations when staff are forced to resign. When you hear that a staff left thorough mutual consent, it is always forced resignation. But you have to pay compensation to that staff.

Back