Is gambling a good investment?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many people are seeing gambling as another source of investment and that is why they are engaging in it.
But truth must be told. Gambling is never an investment. It is an avenue of draining off ones income. Its profitability is based only on winning and the probability of winning is zero.
Though all lives activities are based on risk taking but any risks that its management is purely based on lucks should not be attempted at all.
The admin of gambling sites purposely programmed their strategies in their favours.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
I totally agree with you, Gambling is never an investment. It is an avenue of draining off ones income. So it is not an avenue for profitability so people should he aware of this

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Gambling is not investment you only need luck and if you are not responsible gambler you can lose a lot of money many peaple don't even think before strating to gamble

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Sure,Gambling can never be an investment you only need luck and that's not something anyone can depend on. Yeah if one is not a responsible gambler one can lose a lot

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many people are seeing gambling as another source of investment and that is why they are engaging in it.
But truth must be told. Gambling is never an investment. It is an avenue of draining off ones income. Its profitability is based only on winning and the probability of winning is zero.
Though all lives activities are based on risk taking but any risks that its management is purely based on lucks should not be attempted at all.
The admin of gambling sites purposely programmed their strategies in their favours.
That's right, I totally agree with you. Because gambling only relies on fate and luck, it cannot be used as an investment. Many cases of gamblers who went bankrupt are enough lessons for us not to do/like gambling.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Definitely correct, it is been programmed to favour the bookies, but then again gambling could be a very good investment, if properly done, and done responsibly, with the adequate knowledge of the game and also applying risk management, it goes a long way in minimizing losses.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.815
Some people are still into gambling. Some of my cousins are so addicted with this idea. I am sure it is a good business and feasbile to gamblers around the globe.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It all depends on the gambler or user of such gambling site, it could be a very good business is done not too excessively and also it is a good investment if done responsibly, moderately and applying risk management, knowing fully well that the game must always favour the bookies.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
Gambling is not a good investment, you will land broke. There are gamblers who also ended homeless. They never stopped thinking they could get back their capital and to profit until gradually money disappeared.

Last edited:

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I would not call gambling an Investment because it is something that is very risky you that you don't have any guarantee of making money from unless you are very lucky.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
There is 50 - 50 chance to win in a gambling. Lucky are those who won. They're smiling sweetly nonestop but if not the face drops to the ground for disparity. It's better to save the money or buy nice foods for the family to be happy together.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.218
I think everyone has their own perspective view of what gambling is in their lives. As we all know that there are some people that do rely on the gambling to survive

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I would never say that gambling is an investment. Yes, some can get lucky and be able to win quite a lot and that can seem like an investment but if they get too hooked and then start losing, that then become a loss and not an investment or even a good investment. Gambling is something someone should do for a little bit of fun once in a while but they should have a limit.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think everyone has their own perspective view of what gambling is in their lives. As we all know that there are some people that do rely on the gambling to survive

You are very correct with that assessment because there are those that are into gambling as a business and they have gambling shops where people come to partake in gambling every day and they make very good amount of money from it.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.480
Raw Dex
$0.008
I do not consider gambling as an investment. It is based on luck. There is no chance that you can win forever. If you get addicted to gambling, you are taking the risk of ruining your life.

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
No, gambling is not a good investment. Investing involves making calculated decisions to achieve long-term profits, whereas gambling is based on chance and can result in significant financial loss. It is important to view gambling as a form of entertainment and set a budget that you can afford to lose rather than as an investment.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I do not consider gambling as an investment. It is based on luck. There is no chance that you can win forever. If you get addicted to gambling, you are taking the risk of ruining your life.

You are very correct with that assessment because I know some people who have been gambling for so many years and they have not won anything from the money they have lost so far.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
All gambling games are based on probability. Their winnings are not secured. It is understatement to say there are known strategies you can use to win more in gambling. For instance, in football betting, the outcome of the matches cannot be predicted. Any unexpected events can change the results.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.018
I do not consider gambling as an investment in the first place, much less a good one. Gambling is not a good investment because there is no guarantee of you making profit from it. It is all just by luck.

Back