Is it advisable to gist and play with your staff

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No absolutely not it's not advisable to get too familiar with your staff if you want to grow as a business or enterprise
I don't believe as employer you should be strict with workers but it's better to not be familiar with them

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In a business is it advisable for the boss or the business owner to gist and play with his or her staff or employees?
Meanwhile, in my opinion, it is not good to be too familiar with employees, so that our authority in their eyes remains good and respected. But we must remain friendly with them, but firmness is also needed. So that they do not act arbitrarily and endanger the company.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
I think there should be a pleasant and a little familiar treatment between bosses and employees but there always has to be seriousness and knowing when to give a touch of attention, I think a balance would be the best.

Phavee

Unfamiliar
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Meanwhile, in my opinion, it is not good to be too familiar with employees, so that our authority in their eyes remains good and respected. But we must remain friendly with them, but firmness is also needed. So that they do not act arbitrarily and endanger the company
Meanwhile, in my opinion, it is not good to be too familiar with employees, so that our authority in their eyes remains good and respected. But we must remain friendly with them, but firmness is also needed. So that they do not act arbitrarily and endanger the company.
I totally agree with you

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In a business is it advisable for the boss or the business owner to gist and play with his or her staff or employees?
In my own opinion, I don't see anything wrong with that, it all depends on the employees, some of them take things for granted, they might want to use that as an avenue to raise shoulder or insult the employer which is not a good thing to do.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is advisable to just be accessible but not be too free with your staff. Don't be an I serious boss and don't be a brute either. You would need to strike a balance on how you relate with your staff.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.440
I think it is fine if done after work. If it is a work -related activity, it is fine. Some companies conduct team building to achieve the camaraderie of the workers and the top management.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
As long as you are professional in ways you are relating to your work as I don't see anything wrong with having a casual relationship with them and playing casually.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Boss do not gist or play with their workers because he is a boss. But leader do gist, play and relate with his workers. Leader perceived his workers as working with him and thereby treat them as part of his family.
The workers are free to express their feelings to their leader. He welcome their opinions geared towards the progress of the business. Their private affairs is his own concern as well.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.293
it's advisable to just be cordial and not get too familiar with your staff to help grow a business because over familiarity breeds contempt
I don't believe you should be too strict

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.080
While being a boss or superior in an organisation we must give our image to our subordinates if we will move freely in between them then mostly it happened that they will not respect us and so that the net output of the organisation may suffer.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The best thing to do as a manager is to strike a balance. You have to be approachable but not to the point of being weak.

Too much of everything is bad which is why you have to make sure that you are not overdoing anything that you're doing with your workers especially when it comes to being casual with them.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
You can, but it shouldn't be most of the time to the extent of taking them as close friends , if this happens you won't be able to control them afterwards and if you decide to be strict on them afterwards , it may cause them hating you.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.940
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is okay after office hours. I have worked for a boss who always participated in outings with staff, and invited staff to his home for dinner. This helped to build good relationship and trust.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As a owner of a business, don't constitute yourself as a boss so that your workers would be afraid of you. Compose yourself as a leader that is readily available to the needs of his workers. Create a friendly atmosphere with your workers. There is better advantage in this.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My boss used to call me once in a while for us to have dinner. And he does this with all the staff, it increases staff loyalty and makes them to have a sense of belonging.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You see that dinner? He didn't make it a normalcy. It is a once in a while thing. That is the balance we are taking about. If that dinner is everyday, staff would start to commmonise or and it would lose value.
My boss used to call me once in a while for us to have dinner. And he does this with all the staff, it increases staff loyalty and makes them to have a sense of belonging.

Back