Is it profitable to invest in silver jewels in your country?

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
In both my former and current country (and in the other places I lived until now between European countries and Mercosur Latin America), silver jewels aren't very much considered as investment the same of golden jewels. Among these countries, the price of silver is low, compared to the price of gold and when it comes to sell our ancient jewels, golden ones always win the deal. In any way, if we meet a very interested customer, he/she may purchase our silver jewels for a good price. If we maintain our silver jewels for decades and these jewels are solid, maybe there are good selling possibility among the same business shops that buy our gold. How is among different countries?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yes it is profitable here but not lucrative. people don't really buy it just the gold jewels but you can still make high sales with high profit if you are in a better location

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, most people prefer to buy Gold jewelry or coins as investment. The value of gold appreciates more than silver. Silver is bought as a fashion accessory more than as an investment.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
In my country although people prefer gold jewelry generally, silver is also in high demand and it is really profitable to invest in it, I especially like gold and silver coins to invest.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
Though people tend to go for gold more than silver but i believe silver would still be a great investment to go into. People still buy silver jewelry these days.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
As far as I am concerned, I have heard quite oftenly about this kind business in forums and social media. However I have never come one in my country but according to what I can read is that the business is very profitable but very capital intensive

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country it is more profitable to invest in gold in the form of gold bullion. Because if gold jewelry is resold there is always a discount of a certain percentage, as for gold bars there is no discount.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Yes it is profitable here but not lucrative. people don't really buy it just the gold jewels but you can still make high sales with high profit if you are in a better location
Silver is profitable and it is common but it is not as common as Gold. A lot of people prefer Gold to silver. You actually find it hard to see people who will want to invest in silver here. People go for gold most of the time

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
My point exactly, Silver might be profitable but it is not as common or lucrative as Gold. A lot of people prefer Gold to silver. So selling silver might just be slow

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
My point exactly, Silver might be profitable but it is not as common or lucrative as Gold. A lot of people prefer Gold to silver. So selling silver might just be slow
And you cannot even see someone who wants to invest in jewelry now and the person will decide to invest in silver. Well. You can find but it is vety hard. It is not like gold

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.450
In my country Croatia it is since few new company's who buy silver from old jewelry are open in last few months. They even pay ads on TV and still open new shops.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I guess it would be prudent to make investments in any item that is in short supply and of high quality.

That said, I believe it would be profitable to invest in the business of dealing with silver jewels in my country.
Silver is both of high value and in short supply.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
In my country it is more profitable to invest in gold in the form of gold bullion. Because if gold jewelry is resold there is always a discount of a certain percentage, as for gold bars there is no discount.
Seemingly, in my country it's the same way. But unfortunately, there's a catch: to be precise, it's an expensive tax report catch. As we are exempt of tax report if we purchase gold jewels until the price of 5000 reais per item, there are special obligations concerning gold bars. Tax reports must be delivered in a very short time after having purchased a gold bar since the price of 1000 reais (that means the smallest gold bars), often needing to pay accountants' fees. So an amount higher than the discount goes away to pay professional's fee. If you don't and make a mistake with the tax report, you risk a fine, maybe higher than the accountant's fee. If you are very clever and able to prepare whatever kind of tax report, that means losing time cause mammoth bureaucracy, having to stop to work, so you'll lose the discount money in any way (my current country is among the most bureaucratized of all the world). That's one reason why I prefer jewels under 5000 reais: they are an investment and no mammoth bureaucracy concerning them.

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is profitable to invest in silver jewels in my country but not as much as gold. I believe in country, gold is the most popular and profitable jewel to invest in.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
Very solid items like silver boxes, silver dishes and silver tableware in general can become of a good value as time passes by, if there will be the need to sell them in a distant future (at least, such circumstances happened in my former country).

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
Both gold and silver are profitable to keep in my country, especially women's jewelry. The only problem most people have with it is the risk of theft and being defrauded when you go to sell.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
It's good to know there still are countries where silver jewels count on a good value. Where country are you from? The theft issue is unfortunately a very age-old head-scratcher and that's why banks among European countries let their customers to deposit their golden and silver jewels in change of a modest fee. Very useful, especially in my former city where I was born, where it happens a burglary each couple of minutes.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
And you cannot even see someone who wants to invest in jewelry now and the person will decide to invest in silver. Well. You can find but it is vety hard. It is not like gold
There are still people who invest in silver though, but like you said they are not as easy to find compared to how easy it is to find does who would invest in gold. There are more people investing in gold than silver.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country one of the most profitable jewelry business is selling silver jewelries, its very profitable and they have many customers, but the thing is running silver jewelry shops is very expensive and needs a huge amount of investment.

Back