Is it really bad for a Country to import most of its goods?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
The price of sachet water has more than doubled over the past few months. You can't even talk about foodstuffs. It takes a lot to eat a good meal in Nigeria as it stands. And when you factor in the cost of importing goods, then we are finished.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The price of sachet water has more than doubled over the past few months. You can't even talk about foodstuffs. It takes a lot to eat a good meal in Nigeria as it stands. And when you factor in the cost of importing goods, then we are finished.
I think the major reason why the price of products keep on skyrocketing is that a lot of things are imported. There are some certain things that shouldn't be imported into the country instead local companies should produce them.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
When a country depends on importation to feed itself, it is a bad omen. And the funny part is that the best lands for agriculture is in Africa. But we have not been able to organize ourselves around it. We still import food.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A country being productive is always important and necessary. if the import almost everything they use then the economy of that particular country will likely collapse because they are not producing anything.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
Our own country is producing raw materials and importing the finished goods from that raw materials. It is very ironical. And adddd to that, we imprtf food, tech and other basic things of life.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
I dont think it is a good thing for most countries that are trying it at the moment. They will have to pay heavily on taxes and fees for the import.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Our own country is producing raw materials and importing the finished goods from that raw materials. It is very ironical. And adddd to that, we imprtf food, tech and other basic things of life.
I think that is actually very bad. Exporting raw materials and importing finished product from that particular raw material will actually make the country to go into deficit in the future. It does not make sense in my own opinion.

Back