Is it Wise to Buy in Bulk For Business to save money?

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
I don't think it's wise and they need to see which things are required for daily use and its cost and how many days it takes to get its delivery because if we can get it a short notice too and the seller is not giving any extra discount so why not order when we want so that we don't get our capital locked up in things that are not very important and can be procured easily.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would say it depends. When you buy, you should consider the demand and supply of that product. but then again how big is your market? your market also plays a massive role in terms of how you should stock up.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
It's important to consider everything before ordering or placing an order. We need to see what are the things that are required and how much time it'll take to get these products delivered and better not to lock all our business capital in stocks.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is good to buy in bulk because when they buy in bulk, it will save lots of money and also reduce the stress of getting new ones

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I don't think it's wise and they need to see which things are required for daily use and its cost and how many days it takes to get its delivery because if we can get it a short notice too and the seller is not giving any extra discount so why not order when we want so that we don't get our capital locked up in things that are not very important and can be procured easily.

I think that it all depends on your needs. If you tend to buy products in bulk, then you may get a good rate from the wholesaler. But it is not a wise thing to buy perishable products in bulk.

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

If a business doesn't need a big amount of something, it is not wise to buy in bulk.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Stock must be under certain limit and it also depends upon the type of stock and its selling frequency. Lets suppose I started tomatoes business and I stock it more than its consumption than what would be the result we can better think.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
Buying in bulk is not a good idea for a business because you will end up hoarding a lot of items that will not make your money instantly. You need to use your money for something better than spending on bulk purchases.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Buying in bulks helps to reduce cost and also reduce additional expenditure like transport costs. The only reason why most retailers buy in small quantities is because of lack of money. But if there is money, it is better to buy in bulk.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
We need to see what are our requirements and should buy according to them but if we are getting a product at a great discount then we can go for bulk purchase

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
It depends though, i feel if you are buying at a time where the things are extremely cheap, then it would be better to buy it while it is still cheap before the price goes up again.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Once your business is established and you have a rough idea of the goods you will need and how many you would need to cover the sales you receive then I would say it is a good idea to buy in bulk. Many companies often give you a promotion when it comes to buying in bulk and that can save you money in the long run by planning out how much you need and buying in bulk when you can. I would never buy in bulk to begin with as it would either lead to too much or not enough, you need to establish your business first and then work out how much you would need from there.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Bulk purchases helps the business not to be affected by sudden surge in prices. I use to buy inputs in bulk for my business. If the price suddenly goes up, I am not affected because I still have stock.

Back